And if customers prefer to prepare the exclusive brew themselves, they may purchase the beans at The Coffee Academics' flagship store at Scotts Square. But act fast, there are only 80 servings available for purchase. We chat with their trained team of baristas for some of their best home brewing tips and hacks. Here's what we found.
- Simargeet Singh, Senior Barista
2. Brew your beans as soon as you grind them. Because every minute that goes by is flavour and freshness lost.
- Kelvin Toh, Barista
3. Never reboil brewing water. If for some reason, you didn't use your hot brewing water immediately, pour the old batch away and put on a new batch of fresh still water.
- Abdul Hafiz Bin Abdul Molok, Barista
- Adri Zaihan Ahamd, Barista
5. Rinse your coffee filters thoroughly. Even if you're using paper. It's a simple yet crucial tip as any residue left can tremendously affect the taste of your brew.
- Muhammad Farhan Bin Rohim, Senior Barista
- Kua Bing Zhong, Senior Barista
7. A steady spiral does it. While brewing your coffee, pour from the center of the grounds and rotate your kettle in a spiral outwards and then back in again. This method ensures an even extraction of flavour from the coffee beans.
- Nor Fazira Binte Azman, Barista