While these sugary confections are available for sale at most Indian restaurants, nothing quite spells sincerity like gifting something homemade. Chef Javed has, in fact, come up with a delicious recipe that’s not just easy to make but also contains all the goodness of green tea.
Recipe: Green Tea and Pistachio Mithai
1. 100g green pistachios, blended into a powder
2. 15g fine sugar
3. 2 tsp green tea powder
4. 10g white chocolate
5. 1/2 tsp green cardamom powder ½ tsp
6. Crushed pistachios for garnish
7. 1 cup water
1. Pour one cup of water into a saucepan and bring it to a boil.
2. Dissolve sugar into the water to make a sugar syrup.
3. Add powdered pistachios and cook it over a slow fire for 5 to 8 minutes.
4. Add in the green tea powder, white chocolate and green cardamom powder and melt gently.
5. Transfer the mixture onto a greased 6’ ’’diameter plate and spread it out evenly using a spoon.
6. Allow it to set 1 hour.
7. Cut into nine equal square pieces or use a round mould.
8. Serve immediately or store at room temperature in an air tight container.