The Hotel Chelsea
Add to favorites
This is where just about every artist of any significance lived, stayed, or at least hung out; in its capacity as a residential hotel it hosted everyone from Mark Twain to Arthur Miller to Patti Smith, Tom Waits, Leonard Cohen, and even Madonna. Its walls are still adorned with artworks donated (often in lieu of rent) by generations of well-known visual artists. And what’s perhaps most impressive about the newly updated Chelsea is how much of this romance remains intact, even as it’s been updated for 21st-century boutique-hotel travelers.
At the moment the opening is, as they say, rather soft — it’s a work in progress, and it’s no surprise, given the raw material, that some of its edges are still a touch rough. Perfectionists may prefer to watch and wait, but for many of us, the urge to experience the Chelsea legend, and to take part in a new chapter of its history, is too strong to resist.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Self service parking (charges apply)
- Room service
- 100% non-smoking hotel
- 24 hour front desk
- Doctor on call
- Adjoining rooms
- Air conditioning
- Babysitting (on request)
- Offsite gym facilities
- Multi-lingual staff
- Wake-up service
- Luggage storage
- Pet Friendly
- Pets allowed (charges apply)
- Shopping area nearby
- Cribs (subject to availability)
- Wheelchair accessible
Need to Know
- At the time of check-in, Hotel Chelsea will authorize your credit card for your entire stay, plus an additional $75.00 per night for incidental charges. The remaining deposit amount will be released upon check-out.
- One pet per guest is welcome for no additional fee. A $50 fee will be charged for each additional pet, per night. Both dogs and cats are allowed, but they may not be left alone and unkenneled. Water and food bowls are available upon request. All guests with pets must sign a pet waiver upon arrival.
Credit cards accepted
Sustainability Measures and Certifications
Guest Rooms and Public Spaces
- Stocks eco-friendly shampoo and soap
- Gives guests the option to reuse linens and towels
- No single-use plastic straws
- No single-use plastic toiletries
- Sources produce from local farms
- Offers vegan menu options
Community and Environment
- Purchases from locally owned businesses
- Hires locally with fair wages, benefits, and advancement