The Sukhothai Bangkok
Add to favorites
The décor, too, is anything but business-hotel standard — the look is more pleasure-palace, with teakwood floors, rich Thai silk and celadon ceramics. Guest rooms are a sort of modern-classic hybrid, in muted earthy colors with ornate woodwork and sleek furniture. The feel is urban resort, but with big-city conveniences like flat-screen TVs, fax machines and broadband internet connections. If you need to get away, do so in the palatial bathrooms, with their mirrored walls, wooden floors, oversized tubs and separate showers.
The Celadon restaurant serves fine Thai cuisine, and is a top contender for Bangkok’s best restaurant. Italian and international options are available as well at the hotel’s La Scala and Colonnade restaurants, while after hours the focus shifts to the intimate Zuk Bar, an outdoor lounge and cocktail bar that takes on more of a club atmosphere later in the night. The health club is phenomenally well-equipped, the jewel in its crown being the 82-foot outdoor infinity pool. Massage, fitness, and squash and tennis are available as well.
All very relaxing, but don’t think it can’t compete as a business hotel — private offices are available, as is the business center, and the hotel offers conference facilities in varying sizes, as well as a fleet of Mercedes S-class luxury sedans, complete with drivers. Perhaps a good idea to schedule business engagements early in your stay, as too many nights of decadent Sukhothai luxury may dampen your enthusiasm for hard work.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Free parking
- Valet parking
- Wine Cellar
- Room service
- 24 hour room service
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Steam rooms
- 24 hour front desk
- Doctor on call
- Adjoining rooms
- Air conditioning
- Babysitting (on request)
- Multi-lingual staff
- Wake-up service
- Luggage storage
- No pets allowed
- Business center
- Shopping area nearby
- Cribs (subject to availability)
- Swimming pool
- Wheelchair accessible
- Designated smoking area
Need to Know
- Children up to 6 years stay free in parents room when using existing beds in room.
- Eligible Plus reservations: Welcome amenities may be delivered to your room after you check in. A “Do Not Disturb” status may impact the delivery of these amenities.
- Room Refurbishment on a new phase of soft accommodation refurbishment within the main wing. Commencing in early July 2023 and spanning until the first quarter of 2024, a section of the accommodation in the main wing will undergo a comprehensive refurbishment.
Credit cards accepted
Sustainability Measures and Certifications
Guest Rooms and Public Spaces
- Conserves energy when rooms are empty
- Uses renewable energy
- Uses energy-efficient heating and cooling
- Uses energy-efficient lighting
- Cleans with eco-friendly products
- Stocks eco-friendly shampoo and soap
- Gives guests the option to reuse linens and towels
- No single-use plastics
- Sources produce from local farms
- Creates seasonal menus from locally sourced produce
- Offers vegan menu options
Community and Environment
- Trains staff in sustainability best practices
- Measures and reduces water waste