Add to favorites
With only 39 rooms and 6 suites, the Hotel d’Angleterre is a bit more intimate than one might expect. The accommodations have been rather substantially modernized, with the Louis XV or English manor house décor updated with a more contemporary look. The occasional canopy bed or safari print remain, as faithful vestiges of the hotel’s history, but overall it’s a refreshing blend of soft, muted colors and rich contemporary furniture.
Business Ready rooms come with all the copious amenities of the other rooms (soundproofing, satellite TV, Penhaligon’s bath products) as well as a generously sized work desk and swivel chair, a rental laptop, a personal fax/copier and secretarial and IT support.
Afternoon tea, complete with scones and finger sandwiches, can be served in-room or in the Windows Café, the hotel’s international-cuisine restaurant, with panoramic views of the lake and the mountains beyond. And for drinks it’s the Leopard Room, the British Colonial-styled bar, decked out in antique steamer trunks for tables and animal hides for upholstery.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Self service parking (charges apply)
- Valet parking
- Room service
- 24 hour room service
- 24 hour front desk
- Doctor on call
- Adjoining rooms
- Air conditioning
- Babysitting (on request)
- Smoking rooms (on request)
- Multi-lingual staff
- Wake-up service
- Pet Friendly
- Pets allowed (charges apply)
- Business center
- Shopping area nearby
Need to Know
- When booking more than 5 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
- WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
- Public parking is possible at a location nearby (reservation is not needed) and costs CHF 55 per day.
- Pets are allowed. Charges may be applicable.
- Children of any age are allowed.
- Children up to and including 2 years old stay for free when using an available cot.
- Children up to and including 11 years old stay for free when using an existing bed.
- Children from 12 years old to 17 years old stay for CHF 110 per person per night when using an existing bed.
- Children up to and including 12 years old stay for free when using an available extra bed.
- People 13 years old and over stay for CHF 110 per person per night when using an available extra bed.
- Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
- Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Credit cards accepted