Mandarin Oriental Barcelona
Add to favorites
The central atrium, which you cross on a very dramatic walkway, is something out of the original Star Wars, a deep white void lined with interior windows. The lobby and restaurant are lined with patterned screens that suggest a 22nd-century version of traditional Islamic architecture. The spa is pure moody futurism, a darker sort of sci-fi, more Ridley Scott than George Lucas. And on the rooftop you’re brought back to the present, on a pool deck with a panoramic view of the surrounding Barcelona skyline.
After all that, the rooms would have to be very impressive indeed if they’re going to compete. They are and they do. Hardwoods and muted masculine tones feel distinctly European — the only vestige of Asian influence, usually a Mandarin standard, is the general simplicity of the clean-lined open-plan spaces. And you’ll sleep the sleep of the just in these expertly soundproofed rooms — they’re so quiet you’ll wonder if that’s the real Barcelona out there or just a silent replica.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Wi-fi (charges apply)
- Self service parking (charges apply)
- Valet parking
- Room service
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Indoor swimming pool
- Turkish bath
- 100% non-smoking hotel
- 24 hour front desk
- Doctor on call
- Adjoining rooms
- Air conditioning
- Babysitting (on request)
- Luggage storage
- Pet Friendly
- Pets allowed (charges apply)
- Business center
- Cribs (subject to availability)
- Swimming pool
- Shuttle service
- Designated smoking area
Need to Know
- WiFi is available in all areas and charges are applicable.
- Public parking is possible at a location nearby (reservation is not needed) and costs EUR 45 per day.
- Pets are allowed. No extra charges.
- Children of any age are allowed.
- Children up to and including 3 years old stay for free when using an available cot.
- Children up to and including 12 years old stay for free when using an existing bed.
- You haven't added any extra beds.
- Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
Credit cards accepted
Sustainability Measures and Certifications
Certifications and Sustainability Programs
- Biosphere, Certified