100g spaghetti (cooked al dente according to packet instruction)
For the pesto sauce:
25g fresh sweet basil leaves
80ml olive oil
40g baked or toasted cashew nuts
0.5 tsp sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp grated garlic
1. Wash sweet basil leaves and remove the thick stalks.
2. Add all pesto sauce ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
3. Toss cooked spaghetti pasta with pesto sauce
To assemble the bento:
1 hard-boiled egg
3 cherry tomatoes
Broccoli and lettuce or other greens
3 slices of carrot
1/6 sheet of sushi seaweed
1 tbsp mashed potato
1/4 green apple
1 large blueberry
A cheese slice (about 2cm by 4cm)
Coloured rice puffs (optional)
1. Arrange pesto pasta in the bento box and add the greens.
2. Slice the hard-boiled egg to reveal the egg yolk and place in the bento along with the cherry tomatoes.
3. Mould the mashed potato into the shape of a ghost.
4. Cut the sliced carrots with a star-shaped cutter and add them in.
5. Cut the sliced cheese into 2 circles and arrange in the pasta like a pair of eyes.
6. Cut the seaweed details and assemble them on the egg for the faces of the Jack-o’-lantern and ghost, as well as eyes for the sliced cheese rounds. Add a small piece of broccoli stem for Jack-o’-lantern’s stalk. Add rice puffs for decoration.
7. Carve a spider web into the skin of the green apple and brush on some lemon juice to prevent browning.
8. Add the blueberry and draw on some legs with the chocolate pen to create a spider.