Add to favorites
Now that it’s back in business there’s a sense that all is once again right in the hospitality world. It’s managed by Fairmont, the Canadian luxury-hotel concern, and it’s an inspired choice — if there’s one brand that can be counted on to tread lightly on so historic a hotel, it’s Fairmont.
That’s not to say nothing at all has changed; the Savoy Grill, where Bertie Wooster dined with many an accidental fiancée, is now in the hands of none other than Gordon Ramsay; it’s joined by the more intimate 1890 by Gordon Ramsay, proud recipient of a MICHELIN Star. Meanwhile the once-faded American Bar, century-old icon that it is, was the subject of the sort of restoration that’s normally reserved for Roman antiquities, with every sparkling detail returned to its precise state circa 1889. And then there’s Kaspar’s, a dazzling Art Deco–style seafood bar that, charmingly, the Savoy bills as its informal restaurant — where guests can casually snack on Osetra caviar beneath silver leaf ceilings and Murano glass columns while gazing at panoramic views of the Thames.
It’s only in the rooms that you’ll find much of anything you’d be tempted to call “contemporary,” but that’s just as well, as running water and electric light are no longer the extravagances they once were. And though they’re modern in function, the equal of any high-end hotel room anywhere, they’re true to the Savoy’s original styles: Art Deco on one side, Edwardian on the other.
Modern hotels abound in London, and we’re partial to the idea that it takes all kinds to make a world — but when Edwardian opulence is what you’re after, the Savoy is your best shot at recapturing a long-gone era. And now that the original is back in business, there’s no need to settle for one of its legion of imitators.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Self service parking (charges apply)
- Off street parking
- Valet parking
- Wine Cellar
- Room service
- 24 hour room service
- Indoor swimming pool
- Spa treatments (on request)
- Turkish bath
- Steam rooms
- 24 hour front desk
- Doctor on call
- Adjoining rooms
- Air conditioning
- Babysitting (on request)
- Multi-lingual staff
- Wake-up service
- Luggage storage
- Pets allowed (charges apply)
- Business center
- Shopping area nearby
- EV Charging Station
- Cribs (subject to availability)
- Wheelchair accessible
- Shuttle service
Need to Know
- When booking more than 7 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
- WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
- Private parking is possible on site (reservation is not needed) and costs GBP 60 per day.
- Pets are allowed. Charges may be applicable.
- Children of any age are allowed.
- Children up to and including 2 years old stay for free when using an available cot.
- Children up to and including 12 years old stay for free when using an available extra bed.
- Children from 13 years old to 17 years old stay for £90 per person per night when using an available extra bed.
- Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
- Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Credit cards accepted
Sustainability Measures and Certifications
Certifications and Sustainability Programs
- Green Key Global Eco-Rating, 5 Green Keys