Add to favorites
The family in question isn’t just any family of hospitality newbies, it’s the Sukosols, a multi-generational group of musicians and entertainers who somehow find time to run some excellent hotels as a collaborative effort. They’re clearly no strangers to high-end hospitality, and what they’ve learned on their travels is very much on display here.
To wit: they’re well aware that physical comfort is one thing, but character is paramount. The Siam is a throwback to Bangkok’s Art Deco period, a richly detailed reconstruction full of vintage and antique furniture and copious references to the colonial era. It’s all about texture these days, as the minimalist hotel trend has truly run its course.
And when they do turn their eye to comfort, they hit the mark. Here the entry-level suite spans some 80 square meters, and is lavishly outfitted with overstuffed furnishings and indulgent bathrooms, and come complete with butler service. From there the bigger suites grow almost comically large, and the villas — to say nothing of Connie’s Cottage, the century-old flagship residence — are as extravagant as anything you’ll find in town.
The location, too, marks the Siam as something of an outlier. This riverside spot is quiet, and just a touch isolated — but that, presumably, is why you’re here. The hotel’s own riverboat connects guests with the city center, and there’s more than enough to do in-house, if you can’t be bothered to roust yourself; offerings include a handful of fine bars and restaurants, the Opium Spa, and what’s billed as the first Muay Thai kickboxing gym in the city (and thus, probably, the world).
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Free parking
- Off street parking
- Room service
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Spa treatments (on request)
- Beauty salon
- 100% non-smoking hotel
- 24 hour front desk
- Air conditioning
- ATM/bank office
- Babysitting (on request)
- Multi-lingual staff
- Wake-up service
- Luggage storage
- No pets allowed
- Business center
- Swimming pool
- Designated smoking area
Need to Know
- The property provides free shuttle boat from the hotel to Bangkok’s central Sathorn Pier from 10am - 11pm.
- Up to two children under 12 years stay free of charge when using existing beds. One child under 7 years stays free of charge in a child's cot/crib. One child under 12 years stays free of charge in an extra bed. One older child or adult is charged THB 5885 per night in an extra bed.
- Rooms cannot accommodate more than 1 crib or 1 extra bed.
- Eligible Plus reservations: Credits and discounts will be applied at check-out in local currency unless otherwise noted. Credits are valid toward incidentals only and will be forfeited if not used.
- Eligible Plus reservations: Welcome amenities may be delivered to your room after you check in. A “Do Not Disturb” status may impact the delivery of these amenities.
Credit cards accepted
Sustainability Measures and Certifications
Guest Rooms and Public Spaces
- Uses energy-efficient lighting
- Cleans with eco-friendly products
- Stocks eco-friendly shampoo and soap
- Gives guests the option to reuse linens and towels
- No single-use plastic straws
- No single-use plastic toiletries
- Sources produce from local farms
- Creates seasonal menus from locally sourced produce
- Offers vegan menu options
- Composts food waste
- Reduces food waste
- Sources wine from organic and biodynamic vineyards
Community and Environment
- Purchases from locally owned businesses
- Hires locally with fair wages, benefits, and advancement
- Actively supports the needs of the local community
- Trains staff in sustainability best practices
- Trains staff in local cultural heritage
- Provides volunteer opportunities for guests and staff
- Measures and reduces water waste