Add to favorites
It didn’t happen without some effort, and a cast of pretty eminent characters. The original mid-century modernist hotel on the site has been brought up to contemporary luxury-hotel standard, after a massive renovation that included not just Zumthor himself, but also drafted Japanese architects Tadao Ando and Kengo Kuma as well as the American Pritzker winner Thom Mayne.
Ando is known for his work in concrete, but here he pays tribute to Japan’s traditional teahouses, working in delicately wrought wood. Kuma, too, is inspired by Japanese carpentry in his oak-clad bedrooms, and Thom Mayne splits his effort between finely crafted wooden coccoons and Stone rooms in ornately figured quartzite. And Zumthor’s Stucco rooms are perhaps the most dramatic, dark and richly textured, making ultra-modern use of a centuries-old Italian technique.
Make no mistake: this is a high-end experience, and the fine-dining 7132 Silver restaurant, proud owner of a pair of Michelin stars, won’t let you forget it. But it’s also about simple, elemental pleasures, from the restorative waters of the baths — access is included in the package, naturally — to the home-style cooking in the hotel’s rustic Italian pizzeria.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Free parking
- Off street parking
- Valet parking
- Wine Cellar
- Room service
- 24 hour room service
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Indoor swimming pool
- Spa treatments (on request)
- Turkish bath
- Beauty salon
- Steam rooms
- 100% non-smoking hotel
- 24 hour front desk
- Adjoining rooms
- Babysitting (on request)
- Game room
- Multi-lingual staff
- Wake-up service
- Wood burning fireplace
- Luggage storage
- Pet Friendly
- Pets allowed (charges apply)
- Business center
- EV Charging Station
- Cribs (subject to availability)
- Swimming pool
- Kids' club
- Shuttle service
- Hot spring bath
- Designated smoking area
Need to Know
- Dogs are allowed at a charge of CHF 25 per night.
- Covered garage spaces are available upon request for CHF 25 per night.
- Children up to age 5 sleep for free using existing bedding.
- There is a charge of CHF 50 per night for each additional bed for children up to age 12, and CHF 150 per night for each additional bed for children from age 13.
- Please note that children under age 6 are not admitted to the thermal baths.
- Eligible Plus reservations: Credits and discounts will be applied at check-out in local currency unless otherwise noted. Credits are valid toward incidentals only and will be forfeited if not used.
Credit cards accepted
Sustainability Measures and Certifications
Guest Rooms and Public Spaces
- Conserves energy when rooms are empty
- Uses energy-efficient heating and cooling
- Uses energy-efficient lighting
- Cleans with eco-friendly products
- Stocks eco-friendly shampoo and soap
- Provides charging for electric vehicles
- Farms organic or hydroponic produce on property
- Sources produce from local farms
- Creates seasonal menus from locally sourced produce
- Offers vegan menu options
- Sources wine from organic and biodynamic vineyards
Community and Environment
- Purchases from locally owned businesses
- Hires locally with fair wages, benefits, and advancement
- Actively supports the needs of the local community
- Trains staff in sustainability best practices
- Trains staff in local cultural heritage
- Measures and reduces carbon emissions