The Dorchester, Dorchester Collection
Add to favorites
The Dorchester is the grand hotel the way it ought to be. Not stuffy, but upright; not excessive, but opulent. The location is unbeatable, at least for leisure travelers, just across from Hyde Park, and the service is of the discreet and professional variety, treating A-listers and no-listers alike as though they were visiting royalty.
Bedrooms are a vision of Thirties elegance, though with certain concessions to technological modernity (42” plasma screens, if you’re lucky). Bathrooms are big and lavish, all in Italian marble, with what may or may not be the deepest tubs in London (they’re certainly deep enough). The Dorchester has its own bars and restaurants, naturally, but we wouldn’t presume to tell you where to eat or drink; suffice to say that in the hotel’s immediate environs you’ll have little trouble finding something suitable — and anyway half the fun consists in being seen coming and going.
How to get there:
The Dorchester Hotel is approximately a 10-minute walk from the Hyde Park Corner tube station. If you’re arriving from Heathrow Airport, the most convenient transfer option to central London is the Heathrow Express train, which leaves Heathrow Airport every 15 minutes and takes 15 minutes to arrive at Paddington Station. One-way fares are available from £18, and round-trip fares from £32. By black cab, The Dorchester is approximately a 45-minute ride from Heathrow Airport (depending on traffic), and can cost upwards of £50.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Wi-fi (charges apply)
- Self service parking (charges apply)
- Valet parking
- 24 hour room service
- Spa treatments (on request)
- Beauty salon
- 100% non-smoking hotel
- 24 hour front desk
- Doctor on call
- Adjoining rooms
- Air conditioning
- Multi-lingual staff
- Wake-up service
- No pets allowed
- Business center
- Shopping area nearby
- Designated smoking area
Need to Know
- When booking more than 8 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
- Private parking is possible on site (reservation is not needed) and costs GBP 60 per day.
- Pets are allowed. Charges may be applicable.
- Children of any age are allowed.
- Children up to and including 3 years old stay for free when using an available cot.
- Children up to and including 12 years old stay for free when using an existing bed.
- People no matter the age stay for £100 per person per night when using an available extra bed.
Credit cards accepted