Four Seasons George V
Add to favorites
Now that it’s reopened, it’s more over-the-top French than before. Gone are the eclectic details — like Garbo’s ceramic spaniels, and the Beatles’ rattan bed. In place are a general manager in cuff links, housekeepers in lacy caps and aprons, silk damask curtains and an American Bar, where, like Hemingway, you can drink martinis and eat peanuts. It’s as creamily Parisian as a profiterole. And though the designer cautioned that its aesthetic is “not for everyone,” it’s certainly hit everyone we know like champagne fizz, and made the most devoted minimalists swoon.
Ironically, it took a partnership of foreigners—it’s co-owned by a Saudi Arabian prince and managed by the Canadian Four Seasons chain—to make a hotel this French, with so many non-French perks. Big rooms, and one of the largest pools in Paris. Osteopathic massages from the spa twenty-four hours a day. Walk-in showers and the signature Four Seasons mattresses (hotel industry standard calls for 800 coils; these have 930).
But most importantly, you won’t get the blasé service that can be encountered in some more complacent grand establishments. Here the staff manual is 1½ pounds of Molière maxims and irony-free instructions — everything from when to address a guest in the elevator (only if he’s the only other person in the car) to how many times a telephone should ring (four). You won’t suffer any Parisian attitude when you ask the concierge, in your worst French accent, for tickets to the Comédie-Française; nor will you be bullied by your waiter when you ask him, at the much lauded Le Cinq, for your dressing on the side — mistakes are tolerated.
About Four Seasons George V Hotel: Four Seasons George V Hotel is a luxury hotel in Paris. It is located off the Champs-Elysées. The hotel features a Michelin starred restaurant, Le Cinq, and two lounges, Le Galerie and Le Bar.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Self service parking (charges apply)
- Valet parking
- Room service
- 24 hour front desk
- Doctor on call
- Air conditioning
- Luggage storage
- Pet Friendly
- Cribs (subject to availability)
- Wheelchair accessible
Need to Know
- When booking more than 5 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
- WiFi is available in the hotel rooms and is free of charge.
- Public parking is possible on site (reservation is not needed) and costs EUR 60 per day.
- Pets are allowed on request. No extra charges.
- Children of any age are allowed.
- Children up to and including 2 years old stay for free when using an available cot.
- Children up to and including 17 years old stay for free when using an existing bed.
- You haven't added any extra beds.
- Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
Credit cards accepted