Baltazar Budapest - Boutique Hotel
Add to favorites
It also helps if it’s manageably small — this one counts just eleven rooms — and if it devotes equal energy, of not more, to creating spaces for entertaining, for allowing locals and guests naturally to mingle. This one bills itself as a hotel, bar, wine bar, wine store, and grill, and we’d say that just about covers it — your own ideal list might differ in some details, but this is a fine start: a menu offering an upscale interpretation of Budapest street food, a thoughtful selection of Carpatian wines, and those bedrooms….
Yes, about those bedrooms. They’re as much collected or curated (sorry) as they are designed, an eclectic (sorry again) assortment of vintage furnishings and contemporary designer pieces, with art-history references that span the range from masters to kitsch — from Vermeer to Keith Haring to the bizarre trompe l’oeil bookshelves and larders. It’s a place that positively dares you to wheel out the clichés, and thus to some extent defies description. Maybe this sums it up: some people like buttoned-up minimalist boutiques, others like conservative ultra-high-end luxury hotels, but if you want a boutique hotel that’s in touch with its creative side, then this is your place.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Self service parking (charges apply)
- Wine Cellar
- 100% non-smoking hotel
- 24 hour front desk
- Doctor on call
- Air conditioning
- Babysitting (on request)
- Luggage storage
- Pet Friendly
- Pets allowed (charges apply)
- Bikes available
- Shopping area nearby
- Cribs (subject to availability)
- Shuttle service
- Designated smoking area
Need to Know
- Baby cots and extra beds are available on request.
- Extra beds have a supplement of 40 EUR per person/per night.
- Pets under 65 pounds are allowed at Baltazar Budapest for a fee of 20 EUR per night.
- Please note that upon arrival, Baltazar Budapest will place a hold on your credit card for 100% of your total reservation and an additional 150 EUR (released upon check out). Baltazar Budapest accepts cash, credit card and wire transfers.
- The reception desk at Baltazar Budapest is manned and check-in is from 3pm - 7 pm.
- NTAK License number: SZ22050501
Credit cards accepted