The Merchant Hotel
Add to favorites
Here, instead of wry modern furniture (trust us, furniture can be wry, and too often is) you’ll find classic interiors, the sort of thing that can only be described as “opulent.” It suits the building, a listed landmark, and it works for guests as well; despite the antique ambience, everything’s sparkling new, and such modern additions as flat-screen televisions will no doubt be accepted with grace. The exceedingly formal Great Room and the much more casual pub-style Cloth Ear make up the dining options, and there are three more bars besides. Your location in this compact town is absolutely central, but it may prove difficult to drag yourself out.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- 24 hour front desk
- Doctor on call
- Air conditioning
- Business center
- Cribs (subject to availability)
- Wheelchair accessible
Need to Know
- When booking more than 3 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
- WiFi is available in public areas and is free of charge.
- No parking available.
- Pets are not allowed.
- Children of any age are allowed.
- Children up to and including 15 years old stay for £40 per person per night when using an existing bed.
- You haven't added any extra beds.
- Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
- Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Credit cards accepted