Monaco & Grand Canal
Add to favorites
Public spaces are sleek and dazzling, while upstairs is a slightly different story: guest rooms are not exactly modern, much less minimalist, but more a sort of up-to-date classic style, still a welcome break from the stuffiness of Venice’s more conservative palace hotels, where historical authenticity is valued above all else. Here you’ll find your share of antiques and classic ornamentation in a conscious homage to the old style, along with the sort of clean lines prized by contemporary decorators.
Hotel Monaco’s location is perhaps its strongest suit: it’s situated, as advertised, at the mouth of the Grand Canal, though relatively few rooms actually face the water. St. Mark’s Square is just a block away, and many of the major tourist attractions are close at hand, as are any number of shops, cafés and restaurants.
The hotel’s own Grand Canal restaurant is an elegant Venetian classic, its outdoor terrace seating providing unparalleled views of the Church of Santa Maria della Salute across the canal. And of particular note to Bellini connoisseurs and Hemingway fetishists is the original Harry’s Bar, just steps from the hotel.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Air conditioning
- Cribs (subject to availability)
- Wheelchair accessible
- Shuttle service
- Designated smoking area
Need to Know
- When booking more than 5 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
- WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
- No parking available.
- Pets are not allowed.
- Children of any age are allowed.
- Children up to and including 2 years old stay for free when using an available cot.
- Children up to and including 3 years old stay for free when using an existing bed.
- Children up to and including 10 years old stay for free when using an available extra bed.
- Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
Credit cards accepted