The Maritime Hotel
Add to favorites
This is not a traditional hotel, by any stretch — all rooms face westward, looking over the Hudson and New Jersey through five-foot porthole windows. The rooms are compact, but well-designed, with built-in furniture, so that all the necessities (storage space, work desk, flat-screen TV) easily fit into the tiny space, and wireless internet, naturally, takes no space at all. The décor almost borders on kitsch, but is actually quite charming, if one accepts the ship's cabin conceit in all its wood-paneled glory.
The real action, of course, is in the public spaces, from the parade of models and actors in the lobby to the 10,000-square-foot terrace — the largest outdoor space in any New York hotel. And Midtown’s glamorous Asian bistro Tao has taken over the hotel’s enormous subterranean space.
Not just a boutique, not quite a luxury hotel, the Maritime occupies a middle ground all its own, with a level of service a bit higher than one would find at a flashier nightclub hotel. The neighborhood is one of the new centers of New York nightlife, and the Maritime benefits from its downtown location; most New York hotels are in stodgy Midtown or the stuffy Upper East or West sides. One important fact: each room has, without exception, one queen bed — so travelers in need of twins must look elsewhere. But if you are on your own, or don’t mind getting close to your companion, this is a fine hotel for mixing comfort and cool.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Self service parking (charges apply)
- Spa treatments (on request)
- 24 hour front desk
- Air conditioning
- Smoking rooms (on request)
- Luggage storage
- Pet Friendly
- Pets allowed (charges apply)
- Business center
- Bikes available
- Cribs (subject to availability)
Need to Know
- The Maritime takes an authorization equal to $100 per day at the time of check-in on the provided card.
- A daily complimentary continental breakfast is served in the lobby from 7am–10:30am. TAO Downtown is onsite for dinner, drinks, and in-room delivery from 5pm–12am.
- Eligible Plus reservations: Late check-out cannot be guaranteed for Penthouse accommodations. Plus members booking a Penthouse will receive an additional 50 USD incidental credit.
- Eligible Plus reservations: Welcome amenities may be delivered to your room after you check in. A “Do Not Disturb” status may impact the delivery of these amenities.
Credit cards accepted