Hotel Villa Casanova, Lucca
Add to favorites
The villa was renovated in 2009, so all the modern comforts are here in a style that matches the place’s history. It’s not a small building, but contains just fourteen suites, each of them at least 590 square feet, and all of them occupying corners of the building for optimum views and sunlight. Though even the standard Casanova Classic suites have excellent views over the woodland, you might want to opt for one of the Supreme suites if you agree that a Tuscan villa just isn’t a Tuscan villa without a glorious terrace. The ones here have morning views of the sun rising over the Lucca Valley and spectacular night skies. Back inside, the beds in all the suites are either hand-made four posters, carved-wood sleigh beds or baroque beds with gilded frames. Wooden floors, pale yellow walls, lots of sun, Oriental rugs and original artwork all manage to occupy the rooms without crowding each other out.
In Tuscany, it almost goes without saying that the food is a treat, too. Menus in this part of the world have been local and seasonal since long before it was trendy, and the food at Villa Casanova is no exception. Depending on the season, this can mean game like pheasant and wild boar or produce such as figs, spinach and mushrooms. There’s home-pressed olive oil from trees on the property — and did we mention they’ve got truffles here, too? The elegant dining room is a fine place for a meal, but it might be hard to get there when you know that dining al fresco on your terrace or patio is an option, too.
Please note: Albergo Villa Casanova is open seasonally late March through early November.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Air conditioning
- Bikes available
- Cribs (subject to availability)
- Tennis court
- Wheelchair accessible
Need to Know
- WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
- Free public parking is possible at a location nearby (reservation is not needed).
- Pets are allowed. Charges may be applicable.
- Children of any age are allowed.
- Adults stay for € 100 per person per night when using an available extra bed.
- Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
- Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Credit cards accepted