Hotel du Palais
Add to favorites
Well, that and perhaps the surfers. The surfing here on France’s southwestern coast is among the best in Europe, and makes for an incongruous contrast with the moneyed aristocracy on display at the Hotel du Palais; needless to say, there’s little overlap between the two crowds.
Unlike some grand hotels, there’s not a sub-standard room in the house, unless you’re extremely choosy about needing the highest ceilings and largest windows (in that case avoid the rooms in the eaves). Even the humblest doubles are lavishly decorated with rich fabrics and period furniture. Suites are suitably grand, of course, and the bay-view rooms are the most desirable, though the Palais is built so close to the sea that there’s something to look at in every direction.
A hotel of this sort wouldn’t be complete without, first thing, an outdoor pool—which this one has, and a spectacular one at that, surrounded by private cabanas and a poolside restaurant. The ‘serious’ restaurants are inside; La Villa Eugenie is the exceedingly formal gastronomic restaurant, and La Rotonde (in the rotunda, imagine that) offers unmatched sea views.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Valet parking
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Air conditioning
- EV Charging Station
- Cribs (subject to availability)
- Swimming pool
- Kids' club
- Wheelchair accessible
Need to Know
- WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
- Private parking is possible on site (reservation is not possible) and costs EUR 30 per day.
- Pets are allowed. Charges may be applicable.
- Children of any age are allowed.
- Children up to and including 2 years old stay for free when using an available cot.
- Children up to and including 12 years old stay for free when using an existing bed.
- Children up to and including 12 years old stay for free when using an available extra bed.
- People 13 years old and over stay for € 100 per person per night when using an available extra bed.
- Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
- Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Credit cards accepted