Add to favorites
Massive renovations continue, part of an overarching project to imbue the setting with contemporary comfort without smoothing its idiosyncrasies entirely away. It’s most evident in the rooms, where LCD flatscreens and plush curvilinear seating come to terms with old-world slanted walls, dark wood beams, hardwood flooring, and paneled accents. On the one hand you have marble bathrooms with fog-resistant mirrors and Le Labo amenities; on the other, picturesque views of the elegant courtyard gardens and terraces, one of the hotel’s strongest selling points (though the canals themselves aren’t bad either). Signature suites take curation quite literally — they’re collector-core to the last detail, be it antiques, instruments, or original contemporary artworks.
The floor plan is a bit wonky, owing to the difficulty of converting crooked houses into a modern hotel without razing the whole block; as a result, there is no handicapped access, so plan accordingly. Aside from that, though, this is a top-class luxury hotel, with all the typical modern conveniences, and some Amsterdam-specific ones as well. The cuisine at Jansz. retools European classics with gastronomic flair in an all-day dining format, and Pulitzer’s Bar meticulously recreates a leather-heavy Art Deco watering hole, complete with a modest library, crystal decanters, and a great selection of single-malts.
But don’t coop yourself up altogether: you haven't really seen Amsterdam until you’ve seen it by bicycle, available for rental from the front desk, not to mention the bike-repair kit in each room. Or go big with the Tourist, the hotel’s own 1909 teak-and-brass canal cruiser, Winston Churchill’s vessel of choice in 1946. The concierges are more than happy to set you up with a group or private excursion, available by the hour; if you can manage a trip the third weekend of August, you’ll be treated to an open-air classical concert right on the Prinsengracht.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Self service parking (charges apply)
- Valet parking
- Room service
- 24 hour room service
- 100% non-smoking hotel
- 24 hour front desk
- Adjoining rooms
- Air conditioning
- Babysitting (on request)
- Game room
- Wake-up service
- Luggage storage
- Pet Friendly
- Pets allowed (charges apply)
- Business center
- Bikes available
- Shopping area nearby
- EV Charging Station
- Cribs (subject to availability)
Need to Know
- Pets are allowed on a request basis. The cost is 50 EUR per pet per day.
- Extra beds are available in some room categories, at a supplement of €47.50 per night for adults and €27.50 for children.
- Baby cribs are free of charge and available till the age of two.
- Children of 3 years till 12 years are not allowed to occupy a Classic room with 2 parents, as they require their own bed.
- Classic room has a maximum occupancy of two persons.
- Eligible Plus reservations: Credits and discounts will be applied at check-out in local currency unless otherwise noted.
Credit cards accepted