Quinta da Palmeira – Country House Retreat & Spa
Add to favorites
For those who do stick around, nature is close at hand. The woods are sprinkled with waterfall-fed pools, the rivers good for swimming and canoeing, and the mountains suited to bikers and hikers of all skill levels. The historic city of Pióadão is nearby, too, with its famous stone houses forming a picturesque jumble on the hillside. Closer by, the hotel’s pool sparkles in that particularly sparkly way that pools under the bright southern European sunlight tend to do. And long meals, needless to say, are a big part of the experience, with surprisingly refined dishes for a region that tends toward the rustic.
Rooms span the range from tiny no-frills singles to sprawling apartments, though even the largest are done in a simple contemporary style that begs the question of how much one really needs for a quiet night’s rest. This, after all, is supposed to be a dose of the simple life, and a tasteful little hotel in the countryside is more than enough to provide it.
How to get there: Quinta da Palmeira – Country House Retreat is located 1 hour by car from Coimbra.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Free parking
- Honesty Bar
- Wine Cellar
- Room service
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Turkish bath
- 100% non-smoking hotel
- Adjoining rooms
- Air conditioning
- Multi-lingual staff
- Wake-up service
- Wood burning fireplace
- Luggage storage
- No pets allowed
- Business center
- Bikes available
- Golf nearby
- Wine tours nearby
- EV Charging Station
- Cribs (subject to availability)
- Swimming pool
- Shuttle service
Need to Know
- Rooms can accommodate cribs (€29 per night) or extra beds (€55 per night) on request.
- Eligible Plus reservations: Welcome amenities may be delivered to your room after you check in. A “Do Not Disturb” status may impact the delivery of these amenities.
Credit cards accepted
Sustainability Measures and Certifications
Guest Rooms and Public Spaces
- Uses energy-efficient heating and cooling
- Uses energy-efficient lighting
- Cleans with eco-friendly products
- Stocks eco-friendly shampoo and soap
- Gives guests the option to reuse linens and towels
- No single-use plastic straws
- No single-use plastic toiletries
- Provides charging for electric vehicles
- Farms organic or hydroponic produce on property
- Sources produce from local farms
- Creates seasonal menus from locally sourced produce
- Composts food waste
- Reduces food waste
- Sources wine from organic and biodynamic vineyards
Community and Environment
- Purchases from locally owned businesses
- Hires locally with fair wages, benefits, and advancement
- Trains staff in sustainability best practices
- Measures and reduces water waste
- Measures and reduces carbon emissions