Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel
Add to favorites
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
But there are so many reasons to stay in. 85 rooms and suites decorated in a classic Spanish Colonial style are spread about the property, all outfitted with local craftsman-made furnishings and alpaca blankets on the beds. Slippers are made from recycled material, the bath products are environmentally friendly, and despite the wood-burning fireplaces, Inkaterra as a whole is fully carbon-neutral.
A restaurant serving upscale Andean cuisine and a full-service spa drive home the point that this is a luxury hotel, however rustic and earth-friendly. Ultimately the hotel, though, is only part of the story: you’re at Machu Picchu to see the citadel, which is a half-day trip from Inkaterra, complete with an expertly guided tour.
How to get there:
Inkaterra Machu Picchu is 70 miles from Cusco.
Cusco City is 4 hours away by train. The hotel recommends traveling by car to Ollantaytambo and then continuing by train for the last one and a half hours.
Credit cards accepted
- Children under 12 stay for free when sharing the room with 1 or 2 adults using existing bedding. Guests 12 and over must take additional bed (USD 170 per night), maximum one per Casita.
- For triple occupancy please contact us directly to check on availability.
- Based on local tax laws, Peruvian citizens (and foreigners staying more than 59 days in Peru) must pay an additional fee of 18%. To be exempt from this 18% additional fee (IVA), a copy of the immigration card and passport must be presented.
- Please note both documents are required for fee exemption. Guests who are not able to present both documents will be required to pay the fee at the hotel.
- Foreign business travelers who require a printed invoice, will also be charged the additional 18% regardless of the length of their stay in Peru. This fee is not automatically calculated in the total costs for the reservation.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Room service
- Spa treatments (on request)
- 24 hour front desk
- Doctor on call
- Multi-lingual staff
- Wake-up service
- Luggage storage
- No pets allowed
Sustainability Measures and Certifications
Guest Rooms and Public Spaces
- Uses energy-efficient lighting
- Cleans with eco-friendly products
- Stocks eco-friendly shampoo and soap
- Gives guests the option to reuse linens and towels
- No single-use plastic straws
- No single-use plastic toiletries
- No single-use plastics
- Composts food waste
- Reduces food waste
Community and Environment
- Hires locally with fair wages, benefits, and advancement
- Actively supports the needs of the local community
- Trains staff in sustainability best practices
- Restores and protects natural ecosystems and wildlife