Ham Yard Hotel, Firmdale Hotels
Add to favorites
And not without reason. For alongside a fairly substantial hotel, there’s also retail space, a restaurant and lounge, a rooftop garden, a 176-seat cinema, and a little four-lane bowling alley in the basement, all along a charming pedestrian thoroughfare complete with a bronze sculpture and a fair bit of greenery. There’s plenty of activity, naturally, but the atmosphere feels a world apart from Piccadilly Circus, scarcely a hundred yards away.
By now you know what to expect from the rooms: peerless modern luxury, outfitted in Kit’s signature style, blending vibrant prints and colors with eclectic antiques and stylish contemporary pieces, all lit by those vast Crittall windows, which manage to make the most of the occasionally anemic London sunshine. You know the service will be first-rate as well, this being far from the Kemps’ first rodeo when it comes to staffing a high-end hotel.
And it’s fair to count on the crowd being an interesting one, if not downright star-studded, the better part of the British theatre and film industries headquartered, as it is, within a shout of Ham Yard (and that basement cinema doesn’t hurt either). Then again, it’s not the star-studdedness of the place, per se, that makes a Firmdale hotel what it is, it’s the fact that it’s more or less impossible to spend the night without feeling like a celebrity guest yourself.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Valet parking
- Honesty Bar
- Room service
- 24 hour room service
- Steam rooms
- 100% non-smoking hotel
- 24 hour front desk
- Adjoining rooms
- Air conditioning
- Babysitting (on request)
- Multi-lingual staff
- Wake-up service
- Luggage storage
- No pets allowed
- Shopping area nearby
- EV Charging Station
- Wheelchair accessible
- Designated smoking area
Need to Know
- Group bookings of 5 or more rooms at The Ham Yard adhere to a stricter cancellation and payment policy.
- Eligible Plus reservations: Welcome amenities may be delivered to your room after you check in. A “Do Not Disturb” status may impact the delivery of these amenities.
Credit cards accepted
Sustainability Measures and Certifications
Guest Rooms and Public Spaces
- Uses renewable energy
- Uses energy-efficient heating and cooling
- Uses energy-efficient lighting
- Cleans with eco-friendly products
- Stocks eco-friendly shampoo and soap
- Gives guests the option to reuse linens and towels
- No single-use plastic straws
- Provides charging for electric vehicles
- Sources produce from local farms
- Creates seasonal menus from locally sourced produce
- Offers vegan menu options
- Composts food waste
- Reduces food waste
Community and Environment
- Purchases from locally owned businesses
- Hires locally with fair wages, benefits, and advancement
- Actively supports the needs of the local community
- Trains staff in sustainability best practices
- Measures and reduces water waste
- Measures and reduces carbon emissions