Vander Urbani Resort
Add to favorites
The contrast between the outside and inside could hardly be greater — a set of traditional Slovenian façades hides a high-design world of glass and chrome and concrete. If it sounds a bit hard-edged, know that the rooms are softened up considerably by Frette linens and robes, Molton Brown bath products and the sorts of armchairs you’ll want to sink into forever.
Where it all really comes together, though, is on the rooftop terrace. There some contemporary ornaments — an infinity-edged plunge pool, a glass-walled yoga studio — combine with views of the surrounding tiled rooftops and the street life below. Ljubljana does know a bit about street life, too, with a population prone to strolling the streets and lingering at sidewalk cafés when the weather is good. Also down at street level is the hotel’s own restaurant, helmed by a French chef who’s apparently been rather swayed by the local culinary tradition and agricultural bounty. The wine, too, is mostly local, Slovenian wines being yet another pleasant surprise to those of us only now getting to know the place — and the owner being something of a wine geek.
How to get there:
The Ljubljana train station is located just half a mile from the hotel. Ljubljana Jzne Pucnik Airport (formerly known as Brnik Airport) is 16 miles away. Airport transfers can be arranged by the hotel.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Self service parking (charges apply)
- Wine Cellar
- Room service
- Outdoor Swimming Pool (seasonal)
- Air conditioning
- Multi-lingual staff
- Wake-up service
- Luggage storage
- No pets allowed
- Business center
- Wine tours nearby
- Cribs (subject to availability)
- Swimming pool
Need to Know
- One child under 6 years old may stay free of charge using existing beds.
- An extra bed can be provided on request for 50€ per night in certain room types, and subject to availability.
- The hotel is located in a pedestrian-only zone. Parking is available nearby at Parkirna hisa Kapitelj (PH KAPITELJ) for an additional cost.
- A vignette card (toll pay system) is required for Slovenian roads and can be purchased online.
- Airport transfers can be arranged by the hotel for 48€ each way.
Credit cards accepted
Sustainability Measures and Certifications
Guest Rooms and Public Spaces
- Conserves energy when rooms are empty
- Uses energy-efficient heating and cooling
- Uses energy-efficient lighting
- Cleans with eco-friendly products
- Stocks eco-friendly shampoo and soap
- Gives guests the option to reuse linens and towels
- No single-use plastic straws
- No single-use plastic toiletries
- Farms organic or hydroponic produce on property
- Sources produce from local farms
- Creates seasonal menus from locally sourced produce
- Composts food waste
- Reduces food waste
Community and Environment
- Actively supports the needs of the local community
- Trains staff in sustainability best practices
- Trains staff in local cultural heritage
- Measures and reduces water waste