Covent Garden Hotel, Firmdale Hotels
Add to favorites
The building, a converted 1880s hospital, doesn’t exactly scream “hotel” from the outside — it’s a substantial brick structure, in contrast to the Firmdale group’s other Georgian townhouse hotels, and the front windows look into the Brasserie Max, rather than the lobby. Once inside, though, you’ll find the reception desk framed by lavish draperies — a nod to the stage curtains of the surrounding theatre district — and behind, a heavy stone staircase leading to the guest rooms upstairs.
Rooms are decorated in a classic style, classic in inspiration but contemporary and always light, each one featuring Kit Kemp’s signature dressmaker’s dummy, outfitted in the same fabric as the room itself. Beds are expansive and luxurious, as are the marble-and-mahogany bathrooms, complete with a pair of bathrobes and Molton Brown bath products.
Downstairs one finds the wood-panelled drawing room, and next door the library, both with wood-burning fireplaces — perfect if you wish to be social but not too social. The brasserie off the lobby offers a similarly relaxed and clubby atmosphere, and on Saturday nights dinner can be paired with a screening in the hotel’s private cinema. But then you shouldn’t forget to get out for a bit — all the best of London is within a few blocks from the hotel, and believe it or not, scanning the lobby and restaurant for famous faces loses its charm after a day or two.
How to get there:
Covent Garden Hotel is a 5-minute walk from both the Leicester Square and Covent Garden tube stations. If you’re arriving from Heathrow Airport the most convenient transfer option to central London is the Heathrow Express train, which leaves Heathrow Airport every 15 minutes and takes 15 minutes to arrive at Paddington Station. One-way fares are available from £25 and round-trip fares from £37. By black cab, Covent Garden Hotel is approximately a 45-minute ride from Heathrow Airport (depending on traffic) and can cost upwards of £50.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Room service
- 24 hour room service
- Spa treatments (on request)
- 100% non-smoking hotel
- 24 hour front desk
- Doctor on call
- Adjoining rooms
- Air conditioning
- Babysitting (on request)
- Wake-up service
- Luggage storage
- No pets allowed
- EV Charging Station
Need to Know
- Group bookings of 5 or more rooms at Covent Garden Hotel adhere to a stricter cancellation and payment policy.
- Eligible Plus reservations: Welcome amenities may be delivered to your room after you check in. A “Do Not Disturb” status may impact the delivery of these amenities.
Credit cards accepted
Sustainability Measures and Certifications
Guest Rooms and Public Spaces
- Uses renewable energy
- Uses energy-efficient heating and cooling
- Uses energy-efficient lighting
- Cleans with eco-friendly products
- Stocks eco-friendly shampoo and soap
- Gives guests the option to reuse linens and towels
- No single-use plastic straws
- Provides charging for electric vehicles
- Sources produce from local farms
- Creates seasonal menus from locally sourced produce
- Offers vegan menu options
- Composts food waste
- Reduces food waste
Community and Environment
- Purchases from locally owned businesses
- Hires locally with fair wages, benefits, and advancement
- Actively supports the needs of the local community
- Trains staff in sustainability best practices
- Measures and reduces water waste
- Measures and reduces carbon emissions