Add to favorites
The hotel’s 60 rooms are split between the central building and an opposing annex. Old-world details abound in the carefully preserved interiors, a heady compote of parquet flooring, restored tiles, original radiators, wainscoting, and chandeliers suffused with with gentle Swiss light. A delightful array of lamps, by turns whimsical and sleek, sustain that light in the rooms themselves, colluding with mid-century Typenmöbel furniture for a retro-futurist vibe. Grab a double room facing the river for the spaciousness and the gratifying view of the Rhine from the distinctive arcade balcony. Inside, thankfully, they’ve updated the fixtures since the 19th century, incorporating flatscreens, complimentary wi-fi, docking stations, Moka Efti coffee, and L’Occitane bath amenities.
Silvio Wieland’s team serves lunch and dinner daily (try the trout en papillote or the veal fillet with tuna salsa) from an imperially gorgeous dining room or, weather permitting, on the terrace. There’s also a downstairs lounge called Schnooggeloch, which should be just fine if it’s half as fun to dine in as it is to pronounce. Right next door is Consum, a wine bar specializing in charcuterie and cheese boards; wander further at your leisure, as you’re liable to stumble upon some true curiosities in such a magical neighborhood.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Self service parking (charges apply)
- Room service
- 100% non-smoking hotel
- 24 hour front desk
- Doctor on call
- Offsite gym facilities
- Multi-lingual staff
- Wake-up service
- Wood burning fireplace
- Luggage storage
- Pet Friendly
- Pets allowed (charges apply)
- Business center
- Bikes available
- Shopping area nearby
Need to Know
- When booking more than 4 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
- WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
- Public parking is possible at a location nearby (reservation is not needed) and costs CHF 25 per day.
- Pets are allowed. Charges may be applicable.
- Children of any age are allowed.
- Children up to and including 2 years old stay for free when using an available cot.
- Children up to and including 1 year old stay for free when using an existing bed.
- People no matter the age stay for CHF 40 per person per night when using an available extra bed.
- Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
- Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Credit cards accepted