Add to favorites
Any questions about the name are settled upon arrival — turquesa is Portuguese for turquoise, a hue that’s on display everywhere, from the building’s trim to its interior accents to the floor of the swimming pool (not to mention the clear Atlantic sky).
The public spaces are charmingly rustic, with rough stone walls and plenty of Brazilian hardwood. The rooms, by contrast, are simpler, more soothing, whites and off-whites prevailing against floors and furnishings of dark wood. The impression is a low-tech, down-to-earth one, albeit equipped with Smart TV screens and air conditioning. But what you’ll remember are the beds, the linens, the mosquito nets, and the extremely laid-back atmosphere of the place.
Top suites come with jacuzzis, while everyone shares a central plunge pool, as well as a garden, a bar, a wine cellar and a gazebo. From there you’re on your own to discover the charms of Paraty, still steeped in the promise of the Portuguese empire.
Travel advisory: Passport and visa requirements differ from country to country. Please check with your local authority before booking.
How to get there: Casa Turquesa is a four hours drive from Rio de Janeiro and a four and half hours drive from São Paulo. Private airport transfers can be arranged from BRL 1300 for up to 2 guests, each way.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Room service
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Spa treatments (on request)
- 100% non-smoking hotel
- 24 hour front desk
- Doctor on call
- Adjoining rooms
- Air conditioning
- Multi-lingual staff
- Wake-up service
- Wood burning fireplace
- Luggage storage
- No pets allowed
- Golf nearby
- Shopping area nearby
- Swimming pool
- Designated smoking area
- Adults only
Need to Know
- Guest under the age of 14 cannot be accommodated.
- A third or fourth guest can be added for certain room categories (charges apply).
- Eligible Plus reservations: Welcome amenities may be delivered to your room after you check in. A “Do Not Disturb” status may impact the delivery of these amenities.
Credit cards accepted
Sustainability Measures and Certifications
Guest Rooms and Public Spaces
- Cleans with eco-friendly products
- Stocks eco-friendly shampoo and soap
- Gives guests the option to reuse linens and towels
- No single-use plastic straws
- No single-use plastic toiletries
- No single-use plastics
- Sources produce from local farms
- Creates seasonal menus from locally sourced produce
- Composts food waste
- Reduces food waste
- Sources wine from organic and biodynamic vineyards
Community and Environment
- Purchases from locally owned businesses
- Hires locally with fair wages, benefits, and advancement
- Actively supports the needs of the local community
- Trains staff in sustainability best practices
- Restores and protects natural ecosystems and wildlife