The Soho Hotel, Firmdale Hotels
Add to favorites
The only complaint one could possibly lodge is that the hotel’s immediate surroundings, down a nondescript mews off Dean Street, are a bit less than scenic; but the Soho location is obviously highly desirable, and if anything the slightly incognito frontage only adds to the feeling of having been let in on something of a secret.
Once inside, of course, there’s plenty to look at — the rooms are decorated in a rich, idiosyncratic style (thanks to the inimitable Kit Kemp), modern yet decidedly warm, and more spacious than any London hotel room has a right to be. Wide loft-style windows let in plenty of sunlight, and the fifth-floor suites (the penthouses and the Wallpaper*-approved Soho Suite) open onto private terraces with stunning panoramic views of the city.
The hotel’s public spaces include two private cinemas, featuring garish leather armchairs by Poltrona Frau, and two separate drawing rooms with fireplaces and honor bars. A restaurant and fitness center ensure you don’t absolutely have to venture outside, and if on business, you can reserve one of the event rooms and have your appointments brought to you—though to be a shut-in would be to entirely miss the point, as the location is easily half of the hotel’s appeal. Otherwise it might simply be called The Hotel….
How to get there:
The Soho Hotel is a 10-minute walk from both the Leicester Square and Tottenham Court Road tube stations. If you’re arriving from Heathrow Airport the most convenient transfer option to central London is the Heathrow Express train, which leaves Heathrow Airport every 15 minutes and takes 15 minutes to arrive at Paddington Station. One-way fares are available from £25 and round-trip fares from £37. By black cab, The Soho Hotel is approximately a 45-minute ride from Heathrow Airport (depending on traffic) and can cost upwards of £50.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Self service parking (charges apply)
- Valet parking
- Room service
- 100% non-smoking hotel
- 24 hour front desk
- Doctor on call
- Adjoining rooms
- Air conditioning
- Babysitting (on request)
- Luggage storage
- No pets allowed
- EV Charging Station
- Wheelchair accessible
Need to Know
- Group bookings of 5 or more rooms at The Soho Hotel adhere to a stricter cancellation and payment policy.
- Eligible Plus reservations: Welcome amenities may be delivered to your room after you check in. A “Do Not Disturb” status may impact the delivery of these amenities.
Credit cards accepted
Sustainability Measures and Certifications
Guest Rooms and Public Spaces
- Uses renewable energy
- Uses energy-efficient heating and cooling
- Uses energy-efficient lighting
- Cleans with eco-friendly products
- Stocks eco-friendly shampoo and soap
- Gives guests the option to reuse linens and towels
- No single-use plastic straws
- Provides charging for electric vehicles
- Sources produce from local farms
- Creates seasonal menus from locally sourced produce
- Offers vegan menu options
- Composts food waste
- Reduces food waste
Community and Environment
- Purchases from locally owned businesses
- Hires locally with fair wages, benefits, and advancement
- Actively supports the needs of the local community
- Trains staff in sustainability best practices
- Measures and reduces water waste
- Measures and reduces carbon emissions