Add to favorites
Nineteen rooms and suites is somewhere in the neighborhood of the ideal size for a small boutique; small enough to be exceedingly private and intimate, but big enough for a bit of social life and a convivial atmosphere around the breakfast tables. The accommodations are subtly stylish, obviously assembled with a designer’s eye, but without much in the way of designer furniture — most of the pieces are rustic, as are the materials, and the ambience is more antique-chic than design-mag.
There’s not a ton to do, which is largely the point. There’s a sauna and a jacuzzi, but the twin pools are the centerpieces, where guests lounge and bask in the views of the bay. Ultimately the picture is one of fashionable, slightly dissipated decadence, with a perspective that only comes from a high angle.
Children 14 and older are welcome.
How to get there:
Vila d'Este is approximately a 2 1/2 hour drive from Rio de Janeiro.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Room service
- Outdoor swimming pool
- 24 hour front desk
- Doctor on call
- Air conditioning
- Multi-lingual staff
- Wake-up service
- Wood burning fireplace
- No pets allowed
- Swimming pool
- Shuttle service
- Designated smoking area
- Adults only
Need to Know
- Vila d’este doesn't allow people under 14 years old.
- We do not have parking. Please note that you might have parking fees when parking anywhere in the city, on the marked parking spaces.
- This property doesn't offer extra beds.
- Pets are not allowed. Service and guide dogs with relevant certification details for the service animal are allowed.
- If booking for more than 3 rooms, different conditions and additional supplements may apply.
- During check in, original identification documents will be requested. Please note that Special Requests are subject to availability, and additional charges may apply.
- Please inform us in advance of your expected arrival time. To do this, you can use the Special Requests field when booking or contact the property directly using the details provided in your booking confirmation.
- Please note that the credit card holder used to make the reservation must be one of the guests, photo identification and the original card used to make the reservation will be required upon check-in. If the credit card holder is not one of the guests, the total amount of the reservation will be charged to a new card upon check-in and the prepayment made on the third party card will be refunded to the card used at the time of booking.
Credit cards accepted
Sustainability Measures and Certifications
Guest Rooms and Public Spaces
- Conserves energy when rooms are empty
- Uses renewable energy
- Uses energy-efficient heating and cooling
- Uses energy-efficient lighting
- Cleans with eco-friendly products
- Stocks eco-friendly shampoo and soap
- Gives guests the option to reuse linens and towels
- No single-use plastic straws
- No single-use plastic toiletries
- Sources produce from local farms
- Creates seasonal menus from locally sourced produce
- Offers vegan menu options
- Reduces food waste
Community and Environment
- Purchases from locally owned businesses
- Hires locally with fair wages, benefits, and advancement
- Actively supports the needs of the local community
- Trains staff in sustainability best practices
- Trains staff in local cultural heritage
- Restores and protects natural ecosystems and wildlife
- Measures and reduces water waste