Hotel Grande Bretagne
Add to favorites
Perhaps that's why Winston Churchill was a fan, back in the original glory days of the Grande Bretagne. We say glory days because this grand old hotel allowed itself to fade a bit in the later decades of the last century — but after a two-year, obscenely expensive renovation, it is back in fighting form. The decor isn't so different, merely better; every oil painting, every piece of antique furniture restored to its original 1842 spendor. The rooms are palatial, elegant, yet tastefully pared down to avoid antique overload. Some have balconies overlooking no less a landmark than the Acropolis — obviously these are the ones to have.
Of course if you're not blessed with the finest view from your room, you can always have a look from the rooftop restaurant, with a panoramic view of all of Athens. And that deep Aegean blue that's lacking from the city setting is present in the spa, with a pool so blue (we know it sounds crazy) that you will swear you're alone in the sea. Service is absolutely top quality, the surroundings are impossibly plush, and the location is perfect, convenient to any number of downtown Athens destinations — it's hard to imagine a finer city hotel.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Off street parking
- Valet parking
- 24 hour front desk
- Air conditioning
- Luggage storage
- No pets allowed
- Business center
- Bikes available
- EV Charging Station
Need to Know
- When booking more than 9 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
- WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
- Private parking is possible at a location nearby (reservation is not needed) and charges may be applicable.
- Pets are not allowed.
- Children of any age are allowed.
- Children up to and including 3 years old stay for free when using an available cot.
- Children up to and including 11 years old stay for free when using an existing bed.
- People 12 years old and over stay for € 90 per person per night when using an available extra bed.
- Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
- Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Credit cards accepted
Sustainability Measures and Certifications
Certifications and Sustainability Programs
- Green Key by FEE (Foundation for Environmental Eductation), Eco-label