The Rutland Hotel
Add to favorites
Not that it’s entirely a continental-style design boutique. There’s more than a little bit of pub style about the Rutland — it’s got two bars and a restaurant downstairs, and just twelve rooms upstairs. Of course the rooms, each one individually designed, are no afterthought, in calming neutrals with vibrant graphic accents. Two of the rooms have views of the castle, a bit of stark contrast with the contemporary interiors, and three of them are junior suites, with a decided emphasis on comfort.
The ground-floor bar serves cocktails as well as breakfast and lunch, and the One Below is the darker, more intimate lounge space. The restaurant joins a thriving Edinburgh dining scene and keeps its focus on locally sourced ingredients; more than just a place to eat, it’s a hub for the Rutland’s social activity — lively downstairs, mellow upstairs is a formula for city-boutique success.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Room service
- 24 hour front desk
- Air conditioning
- Wheelchair accessible
Need to Know
- When booking more than 4 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
- WiFi is available in the hotel rooms and is free of charge.
- No parking available.
- Pets are not allowed.
- Children of any age are allowed.
- Children up to and including 2 years old stay for £20 per person per night when using an available cot.
- People no matter the age stay for £20 per person per night when using an available extra bed.
- Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
- Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Credit cards accepted