Add to favorites
Which is to say: the historic bones of the place are still present, and lend an air of architectural distinction, but the décor is thoroughly contemporary, in its crisp, tightly controlled way. The rooms in the original villa are big and bright, and the more modern rooms in the Crescent wing are even more so — all are possessed of a certain chic refinement, with furniture by the modern Italian master Antonio Citterio.
What’s perhaps best about the Montpellier Chapter is its sense of proportion. Its cousins in Beijing and Hong Kong scale phenomenal heights of luxury; then again, a pound goes a bit farther there than it does here. The Chapter stops short of the faintly ludicrous opulence that marks the extreme high end in Britain, and the result is a more accessible brand of luxury. The restaurant, fine as it is, has a casual streak, with an open kitchen and a wood oven; the spa is visually somewhat minimalist, saving the big effects for the tactile realm. It’s a must-see next time you’re in Gloucestershire, and it’s worth monitoring the situation, as the Chapter group has plans to expand.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Free parking
- Room service
- 100% non-smoking hotel
- 24 hour front desk
- Adjoining rooms
- Air conditioning
- Wake-up service
- Luggage storage
- Pet Friendly
- Pets allowed (charges apply)
- Golf nearby
- Shopping area nearby
- Wheelchair accessible
- Designated smoking area
Need to Know
- WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
- Private parking is possible on site (reservation is not possible) and costs GBP 10 per day.
- Pets are allowed. Charges may be applicable.
- Children of any age are allowed.
- Children up to and including 2 years old stay for free when using an available cot.
- Children up to and including 11 years old stay for free when using an existing bed.
- Children up to and including 11 years old stay for £30 per person per night when using an available extra bed.
- Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
- Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Credit cards accepted