Add to favorites
The Malmaison chain has long been at the advance guard of the boutique hotel revolution, at least outside of London — and it's fitting that they have set up an outpost in this newly chic town. The hotel itself is located in a converted Royal Mail sorting facility, now Birmingham's upscale shopping destination, The Mailbox, alongside the canal and right next to New Street station. Quite appropriately you will walk past Harvey Nichols or Armani on your way to reception, and the rest of the Mailbox's designer shops are never more than a short walk from your room.
The décor is cool and crisp, all dark woods, rich earthy tones and white linens, in the Malmaison house style — which is, despite what you may gather from trying to translate the name, not a “bad house” style at all. The chief luxury here is space, as anyone who has been to a London hotel room lately can attest; rooms here are large and public spaces are larger, a far cry from the perfunctory spaces found in many of the capital's trendy but cramped hotels.
The calm, insulated atmosphere inside the hotel belies its central location — though the nightlife may carry on outside, once in your room you will be blissfully oblivious to the panic on the streets of Birmingham. Malmaison-branded toiletries and CDs in the rooms complete the hard sell, but really, it's not necessary. By any other name, this hotel's mix of modern style and classic luxury would be a winner — and the brasserie and spa don't hurt either.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Self service parking (charges apply)
- Off street parking
- Valet parking
- Room service
- 24 hour room service
- Steam rooms
- 100% non-smoking hotel
- 24 hour front desk
- Air conditioning
- Multi-lingual staff
- Luggage storage
- Pet Friendly
- Pets allowed (charges apply)
Need to Know
- When booking more than 5 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
- WiFi is available in the hotel rooms and is free of charge.
- Public parking is possible at a location nearby (reservation is needed) and costs GBP 18 per day.
- Pets are allowed. Charges may be applicable.
- Children of any age are allowed.
- Children up to and including 2 years old stay for free when using an available cot.
- Children up to and including 11 years old stay for free when using an existing bed.
- Children up to and including 11 years old stay for £30 per person per night when using an available extra bed.
- Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
- Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Credit cards accepted