The Ritz-Carlton Half Moon Bay
Add to favorites
Of course the Ritz-Carlton isn’t exactly a rustic farmhouse inn, but you’ll forgive the shiny surfaces and that new hotel smell as soon as you see this place in person. Positioned atop a bluff at the edge of the Pacific, the Ritz is patterned after a 19th-century Shingle Style seaside lodge. There’s more than a hint of English or Scottish flavor about it, especially surrounded as it is by rocky cliffs and the rolling green hills of the golf course.
Rooms are decorated in a classic style, with English and Portuguese influences, and all are lush and comfortable, with feather beds, goosedown duvets, and expansive marble baths. Two-thirds of the rooms look out over the ocean, some from private balconies, and many come with fireplaces, useful when that cold Pacific fog rolls in.
Two championship golf courses make this a top-class golf retreat; the Old Course was originally designed by Arnold Palmer, and the Ocean Course is patterned after the great courses of Scotland, an illusion made complete on overcast and foggy days—every hole has an astonishing view of the ocean, and only the angle of the sun will remind you this is the Pacific and not the North Sea.
If golf isn’t your bag, you may pass the hours in the 16,000-square-foot spa, with its candlelit co-ed Roman bath or the oceanfront Jacuzzi. And the dining is no letdown either; the signature restaurant Navio and the less formal Conservatory are among the best for miles, and afternoon tea in the Salon is another welcome Anglophilic touch. Hard to believe you’re just across the mountains from Silicon Valley.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Valet parking
- 24 hour front desk
- Air conditioning
- Pet Friendly
- Pets allowed (charges apply)
- Business center
- Bikes available
- EV Charging Station
- Cribs (subject to availability)
- Kids' club
- Tennis court
Need to Know
- When booking more than 9 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
- WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
- Private parking is possible on site (reservation is not needed) and costs USD 65 per day.
- Pets are allowed. Charges may be applicable.
- Children of any age are allowed.
- Children up to and including 3 years old stay for free when using an available cot.
- Children up to and including 11 years old stay for US$0 per person per night when using an existing bed.
- You haven't added any extra beds.
- Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
- Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Credit cards accepted