Hospes Palacio Del Bailio
Add to favorites
Plenty of the original structure remains, from many different eras — some rooms feature century-old frescoes or ancient stone arches behind their antique doors. The main building’s atrium looks down through a glass floor into the ruins of a Roman-era villa, which can’t help but lend an extra air of historical authenticity to the Roman baths in the underground spa.
It’s no museum, though — this backdrop of antiquity just serves as a contrast to the crisp contemporary interiors, the sort of thing that’s made the Hospes name one to remember. They’re spare but not minimal, luxurious but not ostentatious, big-city downtown boutique style transported to an Andalusian country town, with cool stone surfaces and as much darkness as you can take — in southern Spain sunlight is plentiful, and shade is precious.
The Palacio is a self-contained oasis, if you want it to be; the spa, as well as a pool set beneath the shade of citrus- and palm trees, invite leisurely afternoons, and there’s a modern-Spanish restaurant on-site. And if you fancy a walk, Córdoba has plenty to recommend it — you’re in the heart of the charming old town, and a fifteen-minute walk from its most famous attraction, the millenium-old mosque-turned-cathedral with its distinctive forest of arches.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Valet parking
- 24 hour room service
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Spa treatments (on request)
- 100% non-smoking hotel
- 24 hour front desk
- Adjoining rooms
- Air conditioning
- Babysitting (on request)
- Multi-lingual staff
- Wake-up service
- Luggage storage
- Pet Friendly
- Pets allowed (charges apply)
- Business center
- Golf nearby
- Shopping area nearby
- Cribs (subject to availability)
- Swimming pool
- Wheelchair accessible
- Shuttle service
Need to Know
- The hotel reserves the right to pre-authorize credit cards prior to the arrival date in order to verify the validity of the card.
- When booking more than 4 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
- Eligible Plus reservations: Welcome amenities may be delivered to your room after you check in. A “Do Not Disturb” status may impact the delivery of these amenities.
Credit cards accepted
Sustainability Measures and Certifications
Guest Rooms and Public Spaces
- Conserves energy when rooms are empty
- Uses energy-efficient heating and cooling
- Uses energy-efficient lighting
- Stocks eco-friendly shampoo and soap
- Gives guests the option to reuse linens and towels
- No single-use plastic straws
- No single-use plastic toiletries
- No single-use plastics
- Sources produce from local farms
- Creates seasonal menus from locally sourced produce
- Reduces food waste
Community and Environment
- Purchases from locally owned businesses
- Hires locally with fair wages, benefits, and advancement
- Trains staff in sustainability best practices
- Trains staff in local cultural heritage
- Measures and reduces water waste
- Measures and reduces carbon emissions