The Vagabond Hotel
Add to favorites
But like many vintage landmarks, the motel fell into disrepair. Fast forward to the future: after sitting empty for years, the MiMO icon got the star treatment, and it reopened in 2014. To considerable fanfare, indeed — at least among the design set. The architectural style looks lifted out of a storyboard from The Jetsons: geometric and sculptural, with an open-air plan and overhanging roof lines, plus the occasional nautically inspired design element, just for good measure. Kitschy-cool guest rooms are visions in aqua-blue, magenta, and crisp white, featuring original terrazzo and wood flooring, Italian beds, hand-drawn geometric wall murals, eco-friendly bath products, and mid-century modern furnishings, custom-made for the hotel. Free wi-fi and flat-screen Smart TV, check, and check.
Outside, the swimming pool and surrounding lounge area might make you wish you’d rethought your choices for swimwear and sunglasses. It’s retro with a millennial twist: look for the beautifully restored mermaid and dolphin mosaics on your way to the pool bar for a Vagabond Collins. Don’t expect meatloaf or chicken pot pie at the Vagabond Restaurant, though; the cuisine is Asian- and Latin-American inspired. All told, the multimillion-dollar restoration heralds a shift for the neighborhood — the time to be an early adopter is now.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Free parking
- Off street parking
- Outdoor swimming pool
- 100% non-smoking hotel
- 24 hour front desk
- Adjoining rooms
- Air conditioning
- Wake-up service
- No pets allowed
- Business center
- Shopping area nearby
- Swimming pool
- Wheelchair accessible
- Designated smoking area
Need to Know
- Age 14 and up are considered adults.
- The Daily Restaurant hours are Monday-Sunday: 12-10pm.
- The Daily Pool Bar hours are Thursday-Friday 7pm-midnight; Saturday 3pm-midnight; Sunday 2-7pm.
- The Daily Cafe hours are Monday-Sunday 8am-5pm.
- Swimming Pool hours: 7am-8pm.
- Extra beds are not available.
Credit cards accepted
Sustainability Measures and Certifications
Guest Rooms and Public Spaces
- Uses energy-efficient lighting
- Stocks eco-friendly shampoo and soap
- Gives guests the option to reuse linens and towels
Community and Environment
- Purchases from locally owned businesses
- Hires locally with fair wages, benefits, and advancement
- Trains staff in sustainability best practices
- Trains staff in local cultural heritage