The Peninsula Hong Kong
Add to favorites
The Peninsula claims to be in the heart of Kowloon's business and entertainment district; this is true, but it's also worth pointing out that it's a considerably less overwhelming scene than Hong Kong Island's city center. Kowloon is on the mainland, but in our opinion, this is an advantage, as the hotel is filled with relaxed travelers, equal parts business and pleasure, and the view of Hong Kong island is stunning, far preferable from this side. There is a ferry to the Central district, which is within walking distance of the hotel, and compared to the chaos on the island, the Peninsula is an oasis of calm.
This hotel is often mentioned among the world's best city hotels, and with its spacious, classic rooms and suites (and the aforementioned service), it's easy to see why. The guest room experience is augmented by the latest technological conveniences, as well as the low-tech but spectacular views, and after a substantial renovation in 2013, it all feels as fresh as it does classic.
As in any hotel of this breed, there are more restaurants than the average traveler has time or appetite to sample: from Felix, the Philippe Starck-designed rooftop restaurant, to Gaddi's (Far East gourmet), the Verandah (Continental), Chesa (authentic Swiss), Spring Moon Chinese Restaurant, and Imasa, serving contemporary Japanese cuisine. Dining is available all day in the Lobby, accompanied by a piano or string quartet.
Additional facilities include conference and function rooms, ideal for hosting anything from seminars to wedding receptions, and the Peninsula Spa, fully outfitted with an indoor pool and health club, offering the latest developments in forcible relaxation.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Self service parking (charges apply)
- Off street parking
- Valet parking
- Room service
- 24 hour room service
- Indoor swimming pool
- Spa treatments (on request)
- Beauty salon
- Steam rooms
- 24 hour front desk
- Adjoining rooms
- Air conditioning
- Babysitting (on request)
- Smoking rooms (on request)
- Multi-lingual staff
- Wake-up service
- Luggage storage
- No pets allowed
- Business center
- Shopping area nearby
- Swimming pool
- Shuttle service
Need to Know
- WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
- Private parking is possible on site (reservation is needed) and costs HKD 800 per day.
- Pets are not allowed.
- Children of any age are allowed.
- Children up to and including 3 years old stay for free when using an available cot.
- Children up to and including 11 years old stay for free when using an existing bed.
- People 12 years old and over stay for HK$ 1,100 per person per night when using an available extra bed.
- Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
- Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Credit cards accepted
Sustainability Measures and Certifications
Certifications and Sustainability Programs
- EarthCheck Certified, Gold
Guest Rooms and Public Spaces
- Uses energy-efficient lighting
- Gives guests the option to reuse linens and towels
- No single-use plastic straws
- Creates seasonal menus from locally sourced produce
- Offers vegan menu options
- Composts food waste
- Reduces food waste
Community and Environment
- Purchases from locally owned businesses
- Hires locally with fair wages, benefits, and advancement
- Actively supports the needs of the local community
- Trains staff in sustainability best practices
- Trains staff in local cultural heritage
- Provides volunteer opportunities for guests and staff
- Restores and protects natural ecosystems and wildlife
- Measures and reduces water waste
- Measures and reduces carbon emissions