Hotel Madera Hong Kong
Add to favorites
Hence the green garden wall behind the reception desk, and the zebra-print or off-color Union Jack carpets in certain spaces. Some rooms are nearly monochrome, almost Art Deco, while others are all soothing neutrals and earthy materials, with hardwood or concrete floors and Bisazza tiled baths. There’s no shortage of luxe comforts, from goose-down duvets to plush terrycloth robes. And all feature striking city views, which only get more dramatic as you approach the top. In the technology department, meanwhile, every guest gets a free loaner smartphone with unlimited local and international calls, 3G internet, maps and a Hong Kong city guide all included.
Cafe 1997 strives for a vintage atmosphere — many decades earlier than 1997, if we’re not mistaken — while the rooftop lounge is pure contemporary Hong Kong, all high-rise city lights and design-hotel glamour. Meanwhile the location, a few minutes from Jade Market, Temple Street and Tsim Sha Tsui, is something of a shopper’s paradise — you’re not likely to return home empty-handed.
Please note: Horizonte Lounge will be closed for renovations until further notice.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- 100% non-smoking hotel
- 24 hour front desk
- Adjoining rooms
- Air conditioning
- Wake-up service
- Rooftop terrace bar
- Luggage storage
- No pets allowed
- Cribs (subject to availability)
- Shuttle service
Need to Know
- Extra beds available on request HKD480+10% service charge per night.
- Baby cots available on request.
Credit cards accepted
Sustainability Measures and Certifications
Guest Rooms and Public Spaces
- Conserves energy when rooms are empty
- Uses renewable energy
- Uses energy-efficient heating and cooling
- Uses energy-efficient lighting
- Cleans with eco-friendly products
- Stocks eco-friendly shampoo and soap
- Gives guests the option to reuse linens and towels
- No single-use plastic straws
- Farms organic or hydroponic produce on property
- Sources produce from local farms
- Creates seasonal menus from locally sourced produce
- Offers vegan menu options
- Sells or donates surplus food
- Composts food waste
- Reduces food waste
- Sources wine from organic and biodynamic vineyards
Community and Environment
- Purchases from locally owned businesses
- Hires locally with fair wages, benefits, and advancement
- Actively supports the needs of the local community
- Trains staff in sustainability best practices
- Trains staff in local cultural heritage
- Provides volunteer opportunities for guests and staff
- Measures and reduces water waste
- Measures and reduces carbon emissions