Royal Sonesta Chicago River North
Add to favorites
261 rooms and suites, all comfortably stylish without being ostentatious, offer lots of layouts to choose from. Even the most basic have beds with triple Frette sheeting and down comforters, a large business-friendly desk and a 37” HDTV. The City View rooms add floor-to-ceiling windows at an altitude where they count, and the various suites, though spacious and generously appointed throughout, shine brightest in the bathrooms: they’re big, with granite-topped vanities, Fuji soaking tubs and separate marble showers.
The hotel’s location in the River North neighborhood fits its grown-up boutique sensibilities perfectly. Outside Manhattan, nowhere else in the U.S. has a greater concentration of art galleries (there are over 100 here), and the food scene, with more options than anywhere else in the city, is likewise a draw to Chicagoans and visitors alike. No doubt you can have your gigantic steak here, but with all the other options, you can easily beat it, too. Like the hotel, River North presents a more modern image of Chicago — confidently cosmopolitan, without a hint of “second-city” insecurity.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Self service parking (charges apply)
- Indoor swimming pool
- 100% non-smoking hotel
- 24 hour front desk
- Adjoining rooms
- Air conditioning
- ATM/bank office
- Luggage storage
- Pet Friendly
- Bikes available
- Shopping area nearby
- Cribs (subject to availability)
- Swimming pool
Need to Know
- Self parking options available for $65/night.
- The swimming pool capacity is limited for the safety of our guests.
- The Pet Fee is a Non-Refundable $75 per stay fee. A maximum of two dogs per room are permitted
- A $30 Tax-Inclusive Resort Fee Includes: Coffee and tea in the lobby each morning; WiFi; Two bottles of water; Access to the fitness center including a Peloton bike; Access to the Fresco Terrace (seasonal); Use of our indoor pool; Use of our bicycles to explore the city (seasonal); Seasonal water refresh station in the lobby; $10 credit for use towards the on-site restaurant CBR.
- Children up to and including 2 years old stay for free when using an available cot (must be confirmed with management prior to arrival.
Credit cards accepted
Sustainability Measures and Certifications
Guest Rooms and Public Spaces
- Uses energy-efficient heating and cooling
- Uses energy-efficient lighting
- Stocks eco-friendly shampoo and soap
- Gives guests the option to reuse linens and towels
- Sources produce from local farms
- Creates seasonal menus from locally sourced produce
- Offers vegan menu options
- Reduces food waste
Community and Environment
- Purchases from locally owned businesses
- Hires locally with fair wages, benefits, and advancement