Add to favorites
Now the Riviera is back, and though the exact reason for its resurgence is a bit obscure—could be the new wave of hip hotel design, or a certain English budget airline—the simple fact of it is undeniable. One by one, the old guard has been forced to modernize, or get out of the way, and the Hotel Royal Riviera is an inspiring example of the former, having been expertly renovated at the hand of the famed hotel consultant Grace Leo.
The result is that this once-grand Belle Époque beauty is grand again, but in a style fitting the times, all clean lines and open spaces, muted colors and rich earth-toned leather furnishings, except in the new Orangerie addition—this building, amid the hotel’s Renaissance gardens, features bedrooms in lavender or pale orange (trust us, it works) and blonde wood. There’s an ancient Hellenic theme to the place now as well, with the occasional fresco or column integrated into the design—perhaps a sly nod to the Greek islands whose clientele the Côte d’Azur is tempting back to France.
The private beach is regularly restocked with shipments of sand, and the restaurant, while still in search of the elusive Michelin star, is fine enough—though many guests will prefer to take meals on one of the many outdoor terraces, to soak in the Riviera sun and Mediterranean breeze. It’s a stellar revision of an old classic; not a trace of fading glory or tattered edges, while at the same time not trying too desperately hard to be hip.
How to get there: Hotel Royal Riviera is a 25-minute drive from Nice-Côte d'Azur Airport.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Free parking
- Valet parking
- Wine Cellar
- Room service
- 24 hour room service
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Spa treatments (on request)
- Steam rooms
- 24 hour front desk
- Adjoining rooms
- Air conditioning
- Babysitting (on request)
- Smoking rooms (on request)
- Multi-lingual staff
- Wake-up service
- Luggage storage
- No pets allowed
- Golf nearby
- Shopping area nearby
- EV Charging Station
- Cribs (subject to availability)
- Swimming pool
- Tennis court
- Wheelchair accessible
- Designated smoking area
Need to Know
- WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
- Free private parking is possible on site (reservation is not needed).
- Pets are allowed on request. No extra charges.
- Children of any age are allowed.
- Children up to and including 3 years old stay for free when using an available cot.
- Children up to and including 12 years old stay for free when using an existing bed.
- Children from 13 years old to 17 years old stay for € 110 per person per night when using an existing bed.
- Children up to and including 11 years old stay for free when using an available extra bed.
- People 12 years old and over stay for € 110 per person per night when using an available extra bed.
- Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
- Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Credit cards accepted