Add to favorites
What stands here today is both a very thorough update and a sensitive restoration. The long-hidden bones of the 1925 structure dictate the atmosphere, which indirectly recalls Bauhaus in its simplicity and its focus on livability. The 45 rooms are possessed of a warmth beyond the abilities of most contemporary designers, and the facilities are quietly state-of-the-art.
And the Volkshaus is still the people’s house, which means it’s much more than a hotel. There’s a brasserie, a bar, and a leafy courtyard, as well as a surplus of meeting and events space, and even a concert venue, whose reopening we eagerly await….
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Self service parking (charges apply)
- Room service
- 100% non-smoking hotel
- Adjoining rooms
- Air conditioning
- Multi-lingual staff
- Wake-up service
- Luggage storage
- Pet Friendly
- Pets allowed (charges apply)
- Bikes available
- Shopping area nearby
- Cribs (subject to availability)
- Wheelchair accessible
- Designated smoking area
Need to Know
- Pets are allowed for an additional fee.
- An extra bed can be requested for CHF 50 per person, per night.
- The reception desk is open Monday to Sunday from 6:15am to 11pm. For late arrivals, please contact Customer Service to arrange check-in.
Credit cards accepted
Sustainability Measures and Certifications
Guest Rooms and Public Spaces
- Conserves energy when rooms are empty
- Uses energy-efficient heating and cooling
- Uses energy-efficient lighting
- Stocks eco-friendly shampoo and soap
- Gives guests the option to reuse linens and towels
- No single-use plastic straws
- No single-use plastic toiletries
- No single-use plastics
- Creates seasonal menus from locally sourced produce
- Offers vegan menu options
- Composts food waste
- Reduces food waste
Community and Environment
- Purchases from locally owned businesses
- Hires locally with fair wages, benefits, and advancement
- Trains staff in sustainability best practices
- Trains staff in local cultural heritage