Mandarin Oriental Guangzhou
Add to favorites
This is the picture of the perfectly modern luxury hotel: a skyscraper in a huge Chinese city, with some 263 sprawling, richly finished, highly luxurious rooms and suites. The design, by Tony Chi, is a touch conservative, but that’s to be expected given the audience — it just means the visual pleasures are subtle ones, derived from balanced lines and expertly selected materials. The views don’t hurt either, and the bathrooms, the current frontier of the luxury-hotel arms race, have to be seen to be believed.
The Oriental Club, as usual, gets you another level of service and comfort, though we admit it’s hard to imagine being disappointed in the standard Mandarin experience. There’s a generous handful of restaurants and lounges, including a flagship restaurant specializing in Cantonese cuisine, as well as an outdoor pool, a practical infinity of meetings and event space, and a spa to rival any hotel spa anywhere. Add to that the fact that this very same skyscraper is also home to the Taikoo Hui high-end mall complex, complete with its own encyclopedic list of restaurants, and it’s no exaggeration at all to say you could easily spend a week here without venturing out of doors.
How to get there:
The Mandarin Oriental is located 22 miles from the nearest airport, Guangzhou Baiyun International (CAN). The hotel can provide a limousine transfer for an additional charge.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Self service parking (charges apply)
- Valet parking
- Room service
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Indoor swimming pool
- Spa treatments (on request)
- 24 hour front desk
- Air conditioning
- ATM/bank office
- Babysitting (on request)
- Multi-lingual staff
- Wake-up service
- Luggage storage
- Business center
- Shopping area nearby
- Swimming pool
- Designated smoking area
Need to Know
- WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
- Free public parking is possible at a location nearby (reservation is not needed).
- Pets are allowed. Charges may be applicable.
- Children of any age are allowed.
- Children up to and including 5 years old stay for free when using an existing bed.
- Children from 6 years old to 12 years old stay for CNY 758 per person per night when using an existing bed.
- You haven't added any cots.
- You haven't added any extra beds.
- Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Credit cards accepted