Cavallo Point Lodge
Add to favorites
To the north of you is a sedate crescent of traditional homes with inviting porches set within hills of eucalyptus and gathered around a vast lawn; to the south of you is the entire panorama of San Francisco’s skyline, almost close enough to touch; to the west of you are the familiar red arcs of the Golden Gate Bridge.
The Lodge, in a former life, was officers’ housing for Fort Baker, today part of the spectacular Marin Headlands park. Now, after an impressive historic restoration effort, six room types are available inside the collection of dignified homes. Some rooms are cozy, tucked up in the gables, others are larger with sun porches and fireplaces, all are unpretentious and decorated in an unfussy period style. But now for another juxtaposition — Cavallo Point also offers a lineup of thoroughly modern rooms in new structures up the hill. Architecturally, the new and old are different as night and day, but entirely complementary.
These days San Francisco is perhaps even better known for its food than for its scenery. Murray Circle, the restaurant, elevates local and seasonal ingredients to a refined level. The hotel also houses a cooking school in keeping with organic, Slow Food values; a rotating company of Bay Area chefs keeps the place cooking with several classes per week. And while there’s more than enough to keep you busy and peaceful at Cavallo Point, the city is still nearly at your fingertips.
How to get there: Cavallo Point Lodge is approximately a 15-minute drive from downtown San Francisco and 40-50 minutes from San Francisco International Airport (SFO).
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Free parking
- Off street parking
- Valet parking
- Wine Cellar
- Room service
- Spa treatments (on request)
- Steam rooms
- 100% non-smoking hotel
- 24 hour front desk
- Adjoining rooms
- Air conditioning
- ATM/bank office
- Babysitting (on request)
- Wake-up service
- Luggage storage
- Pet Friendly
- Pets allowed (charges apply)
- Bikes available
- Golf nearby
- Wine tours nearby
- Shopping area nearby
- EV Charging Station
- Shuttle service
- Designated smoking area
Need to Know
- Pets are allowed. Up to two dogs are allowed per room. There is a $150 non-refundable pet fee per room per stay.
- Guests age 18 and up must be booked as adults.
- Rooms at Cavallo Point cannot accommodate extra beds or cribs.
Credit cards accepted
Sustainability Measures and Certifications
Certifications and Sustainability Programs
- LEED, Gold
Guest Rooms and Public Spaces
- Uses renewable energy
- Uses energy-efficient heating and cooling
- Uses energy-efficient lighting
- Cleans with eco-friendly products
- Stocks eco-friendly shampoo and soap
- Gives guests the option to reuse linens and towels
- Sources produce from local farms
- Creates seasonal menus from locally sourced produce
Community and Environment
- Purchases from locally owned businesses
- Hires locally with fair wages, benefits, and advancement
- Actively supports the needs of the local community
- Trains staff in sustainability best practices
- Trains staff in local cultural heritage