Villa and Palazzo Aminta
Add to favorites
Which is to say, a phenomenal location and an extravagant, aristocratic elegance. Not for Palazzo Aminta the beige, modern B&B Italia approach. The décor here pre-dates the Italian Republic itself. These rooms are made for luxuriating, and forget dressing for dinner — you’ll want to dress up just for a walk through the lobby. Jetted tubs are standard in the bathrooms, suites and junior suites come with lake-facing terraces, and the aforementioned Taylor suite is just one of three opulent signature suites.
The sole nod to the contemporary luxury-boutique experience is the spa, whose treatments, from hammam to aromatherapy, are state of the art. Two restaurants serve upscale Italian fare — no fusion, thank you — and golfers choose from a number of local courses. Meanwhile Lake Maggiore calls; there’s a private beach for hotel guests, and sailing excursions are happily arranged.
Please note: Villa Palazzo Aminta is open seasonally April through October.
How to get there:
Train: Stresa train station is approximately 5 minutes by taxi from the hotel.
Driving Directions from Milano Malpensa Airport: Approximately 50 minutes drive time. Take A26 in the direction of Gravellona Toce. On highway A26 exit at Arona and then follow SS 33 up to Stresa for about 18 Km keeping the lake on scenic road on your right hand side. You may also take A26 to exit at Carpugnino (forbidden to buses) where you'll find a narrow road going down to Stresa (5 Km) with a wonderful panoramic view. Otherwise you can continue going until exit Baveno-Stresa where the road will immediately reach the lakeside: you'll need to drive back to Stresa for about 5 Km with the lake on your left hand side.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Free parking
- Off street parking
- Valet parking
- Room service
- 24 hour room service
- Outdoor Swimming Pool (seasonal)
- Spa treatments (on request)
- Turkish bath
- Beauty salon
- Steam rooms
- 100% non-smoking hotel
- 24 hour front desk
- Doctor on call
- Adjoining rooms
- Air conditioning
- ATM/bank office
- Babysitting (on request)
- Multi-lingual staff
- Wake-up service
- Luggage storage
- Pet Friendly
- Pets allowed (charges apply)
- Business center
- Bikes available
- Golf nearby
- Wine tours nearby
- Shopping area nearby
- EV Charging Station
- Cribs (subject to availability)
- Swimming pool
- Wheelchair accessible
- Shuttle service
- Hot spring bath
Need to Know
- Parking is available on site, free of charge.
- Free welcome drink.
- Eligible Plus reservations: Credits and discounts will be applied at check-out in local currency unless otherwise noted. Credits are valid toward incidentals only and will be forfeited if not used.
- Eligible Plus reservations: Welcome amenities may be delivered to your room after you check in. A “Do Not Disturb” status may impact the delivery of these amenities.
Credit cards accepted
Sustainability Measures and Certifications
Guest Rooms and Public Spaces
- Uses energy-efficient heating and cooling
- Uses energy-efficient lighting
- Cleans with eco-friendly products
- Stocks eco-friendly shampoo and soap
- Gives guests the option to reuse linens and towels
- Provides charging for electric vehicles
- Sources produce from local farms
- Creates seasonal menus from locally sourced produce
- Offers vegan menu options
Community and Environment
- Purchases from locally owned businesses
- Trains staff in sustainability best practices
- Trains staff in local cultural heritage