Add to favorites
The building in question is an old Great Western railway hotel, built by none other than Isambard Kingdom Brunel. It fell on some pretty hard times (read: fire) but that’s what property developers are for — if it had remained a successful rail hotel then Malmaison could never have snapped it up and installed their trademark dark, clubby and masculine look throughout.
Where there’s a railway hotel there’s naturally a rail station — in this case just across the road — which makes the Malmaison Reading more likely for quick-break Londoners (it’s less than an hour away) than for style-hungry jet-setters just in from Milan or Tokyo on some kind of sexy business trip. That said, the swanky brasserie and bar don’t discriminate — locally sourced cuisine and top-shelf cocktails taste about as fine to your aunt and uncle from Swindon as they do to international men and women of mystery.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Room service
- 100% non-smoking hotel
- 24 hour front desk
- Air conditioning
- Pet Friendly
- Pets allowed (charges apply)
Need to Know
- When booking more than 5 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
- WiFi is available in the hotel rooms and is free of charge.
- No parking available.
- Pets are allowed on request. Charges may be applicable.
- Children of any age are allowed.
- Children up to and including 2 years old stay for free when using an available cot.
- Children up to and including 11 years old stay for free when using an existing bed.
- Children up to and including 11 years old stay for £30 per person per night when using an available extra bed.
- Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
- Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Credit cards accepted