The Franklin London - Starhotels Collezione
Add to favorites
This time around the owners are Italian, and there’s a bit of Continental warmth involved in the equation, a welcome contrast with the irrepressible Englishness of these red brick houses. Once you’re in your room, of course, you’re in Hempel-land, where things are a bit moody, surprisingly monochrome, and appealingly sexy. You’ll lack for nothing when it comes to comforts, as Frette linens, Penhaligon bath products, and Jenson phones set the top-shelf tone. And the chef, happily, came along with the owners — everything’s Italian, from breakfast through dinner, with menus by the Michelin-starred chef Alfredo Russo.
In the end it’s not meant to lead another boutique revolution, but it excels at its intended purpose: a low-key but still luxurious hotel in a high-end residential district, convenient to the sights and the shops of Knightsbridge and its environs. And in a city that can fairly be accused, from time to time, of having more money than taste, we’re always happy to recommend a hotel with a surplus of the latter.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- 24 hour room service
- Spa treatments (on request)
- 100% non-smoking hotel
- 24 hour front desk
- Doctor on call
- Adjoining rooms
- Air conditioning
- Babysitting (on request)
- Multi-lingual staff
- Wake-up service
- Luggage storage
- Pet Friendly
- Pets allowed (charges apply)
- Bikes available
- Shopping area nearby
Need to Know
- Small dogs are allowed upon request (charges apply).
- Guests aged 17 and up should be booked as adults.
- Some rooms can accommodate more than 2 guests.
- Baby cots are available on request free of charge for children aged 2 and under.
- Extra beds are available on request free of charge for children aged 5 and under.
- Extra beds are available on request for children aged 6 - 16 at a cost of GBP 30 per child per night.
- Extra beds are available on request for adults at a cost of GBP 60 per person per night.
Credit cards accepted
Sustainability Measures and Certifications
Guest Rooms and Public Spaces
- Conserves energy when rooms are empty
- Uses energy-efficient heating and cooling
- Gives guests the option to reuse linens and towels
- No single-use plastic straws
- No single-use plastic toiletries
- Sources produce from local farms
- Creates seasonal menus from locally sourced produce
- Offers vegan menu options
Community and Environment
- Purchases from locally owned businesses
- Trains staff in sustainability best practices