Castello di Ugento
Add to favorites
They leave the management to a professional, however — this is rather more than a bed and breakfast, featuring nine rooms in which ancient stone walls and handmade local arts and crafts clash delightfully with modern Italian design furniture by names like Poltrona Frau. They’re all different, and they’re all as luxe as can be, from the smallest Deluxe rooms, converted from what were once the servants’ quarters, to the three extravagant Master Suites.
The hotel’s cooking school, too, entails more than just a brief visit to the catering kitchen. This is a full-on professional operation, serving visiting degree students from the Culinary Institute of America as well as hobbyist chefs and hotel guests. Recipes are locally sourced, with much of the produce grown in the courtyard gardens, and the teaching kitchen is state-of-the-art. And if you prefer a more passive orientation to Puglian gastronomy, there’s always Il Tempo Nuovo, which serves a striking 21st-century take on the traditional local cuisine.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Free parking
- Off street parking
- Wine Cellar
- Room service
- 100% non-smoking hotel
- 24 hour front desk
- Adjoining rooms
- Babysitting (on request)
- Offsite gym facilities
- Multi-lingual staff
- Wake-up service
- Luggage storage
- No pets allowed
- Business center
- Bikes available
- Wine tours nearby
- Cribs (subject to availability)
Need to Know
- Children under 11 cannot be accommodated at the property.
- Eligible Tablet Plus reservations: Credit applicable at Puglia Culinary Centre (PCC) and will be applied in euros at time of purchase. Classes must be booked in advance to confirm availability.
- Eligible Plus reservations: Welcome amenities may be delivered to your room after you check in. A “Do Not Disturb” status may impact the delivery of these amenities.
Credit cards accepted
Sustainability Measures and Certifications
Guest Rooms and Public Spaces
- Conserves energy when rooms are empty
- Uses renewable energy
- Uses energy-efficient heating and cooling
- Uses energy-efficient lighting
- Gives guests the option to reuse linens and towels
- No single-use plastic straws
- Creates seasonal menus from locally sourced produce
- Offers vegan menu options
- Composts food waste
- Reduces food waste
Community and Environment
- Purchases from locally owned businesses
- Hires locally with fair wages, benefits, and advancement
- Actively supports the needs of the local community
- Trains staff in sustainability best practices
- Trains staff in local cultural heritage
- Restores and protects natural ecosystems and wildlife