La Bastide Saint Antoine
Add to favorites
The hotel is best-known for its restaurant, Jacques Chibois, bearer of two Michelin stars. Mr. Chibois spent fifteen years at the Gray d'Albion, in Cannes, and his obsession with olive oil, apparently, knows no bounds. This is one of France's most respected restaurants, and the cuisine lives up to its reputation. During the warmer months, meals are served outdoors, on the terraced garden, with a view of the distant Mediterranean and the surrounding hillsides.
The hotel itself is not to be overlooked, though — in its previous life as a country house, it was host to Kennedys and Rolling Stones alike; in fact Bill Wyman made his home here for a time in the early Seventies, when the Stones had fled England to escape taxation, and he enjoyed it enough to make the South of France his permanent home. The guest rooms are decorated in a tastefully authentic Provençal style, with antique furnishings and terra cotta floors, and all the conveniences modern day Rolling Stones would require — top-of-the-line entertainment systems and oversized bathrooms with massaging showers, comparable to anything found in a big-city luxury hotel.
There is a heated pool, and, charmingly, several bowling rinks, as well as access to all the outdoor activities the region offers, from hiking and golf to diving and waterskiing. Chances are, though, most guests are here for the high life, and we would guess that the restaurant and terraced gardens, as well as the smoking room and the library, will prove more popular than any outdoor expedition.
How to get there: La Bastide Saint Antoine is approximately a 30 minute drive from Nice Côte d'Azur Airport and 5 minutes from the Grasse rail station.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Free parking
- Self service parking (charges apply)
- Off street parking
- Valet parking
- Room service
- Outdoor Swimming Pool (seasonal)
- 24 hour front desk
- Adjoining rooms
- Air conditioning
- Luggage storage
- Pet Friendly
- Pets allowed (charges apply)
- Business center
- Bikes available
- Golf nearby
- Cribs (subject to availability)
- Swimming pool
- Wheelchair accessible
- Shuttle service
- Designated smoking area
Need to Know
- WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
- Free private parking is possible on site (reservation is not needed).
- Pets are allowed. No extra charges.
- Children of any age are allowed.
- Children up to and including 2 years old stay for free when using an available cot.
- Children up to and including 11 years old stay for free when using an existing bed.
- Children up to and including 11 years old stay for free when using an available extra bed.
- People 12 years old and over stay for € 58 per person per night when using an available extra bed.
- Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
- Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Credit cards accepted