Add to favorites
So this is the place to live out your Mr. Darcy fantasy (playing whichever role you prefer), or just to indulge in some industrial-grade relaxation, in the most picturesque of styles. Yes, we know Jane Austen did not approve of Bath, but her loss is literature’s gain — you would not likely get much writing done while soaking in a hot spring, nor will you finish your latest novel at The Spa, Lucknam Park’s new £15M addition.
The gardens and parklands are impressive, just what one would imagine from a period country manor. The estate grounds would be the perfect venue for a bit of horseback riding, if only the stables had dozens of horses and a fully staffed equestrian center for the guests’ use. Which, in a remarkable coincidence, they do.
The hotel’s 29 rooms and 13 suites, newly and massively renovated, are stuffed to the gills with atmosphere and antiques — though more aggressively comfortable than overweeningly opulent, there is no show of restraint in the décor. Larger suites feature four-poster beds, some high enough to require footstools for a step up, and a sitting room where one could entertain suitors or gaze out over the estate and the gardens.
The facilities include the aforementioned equestrian center and spa, as well as an indoor and an outdoor pool, walking trails, loaner bikes, tennis courts, and a five-a-side football pitch. And now, post-renovation, there are two restaurants — the Brasserie, located within the spa complex, joins Restaurant Hywel Jones, a Michelin-starred tour de force of organic ingredients and fastidious technique. Here they’ll teach city dwellers a thing or two about upscale elegance, and that approach extends to every aspect of Lucknam Park. Some country hotels aspire to be just like home — and this one is, if home happens to be an opulently appointed 18th-century manor with an army of attentive servants.
How to get there: Lucknam Park is approximately a 45-minute drive from Bristol Airport and 2 hours from London.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Valet parking
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Indoor swimming pool
- EV Charging Station
- Cribs (subject to availability)
- Swimming pool
- Tennis court
- Wheelchair accessible
- Designated smoking area
Need to Know
- When booking more than 4 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
- WiFi is available in public areas and is free of charge.
- Free public parking is possible on site (reservation is not needed).
- Pets are allowed on request. Charges may be applicable.
- Children of any age are allowed.
- Children up to and including 2 years old stay for £25 per person per night when using an available cot.
- Children up to and including 12 years old stay for £25 per person per night when using an available extra bed.
- Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
- Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Credit cards accepted