Aman Summer Palace
Add to favorites
It’s right next door to the Summer Palace proper, and occupies its own private compound, a collection of hundred-year-old guest houses surrounded by tranquil ponds and verdant gardens. It would have been an unforgivable crime against architecture to have spoiled this site with tacky luxury villas; all the same, the occasional well-integrated modern touch is more than welcome. The electronic gadgetry, easy to miss in a suite full of bamboo blinds and ornate hand-carved screens, is state-of-the-art, and the bathrooms are low-tech but very modern, with massive soaking tubs and separate showers.
The prevailing feeling on the grounds of the Aman Summer Palace is one of quiet; unlike the busy tourist site next door, it’s closed to the public, and you’re far more likely to encounter one of some 300 staffers than a fellow guest. There’s a massive hospitality infrastructure beneath the Summer Palace’s surface — both figuratively and literally, with the pools, spa, and fitness center (including Pilates studio and squash court) all located underground. If the trademark away-from-it-all Aman experience is what you’re after, it’s entirely possible here—the Summer Palace is perfectly self-sufficient. But the Beijing location means there’s a lot more available in the way of diversions. Wall tours, Palace and temple walks, even shopping excursions; the combination of Aman seclusion with big-city Beijing bustle is a uniquely formidable one.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Indoor swimming pool
- Spa treatments (on request)
- Business center
- Shopping area nearby
- Swimming pool
Need to Know
- Breakfast is available at CNY 130 daily for child between 7 and 11 years old.
- Eligible Plus reservations: Credits and discounts will be applied at check-out in local currency unless otherwise noted. The 100 USD food and beverage credit for Plus member bookings is non-combinable with hotel credits included in promotional rates.
Credit cards accepted
Sustainability Measures and Certifications
Guest Rooms and Public Spaces
- Uses energy-efficient lighting
- Cleans with eco-friendly products
- Stocks eco-friendly shampoo and soap
- Gives guests the option to reuse linens and towels
- No single-use plastic straws
- No single-use plastic toiletries
- No single-use plastics
- Sources produce from local farms
- Creates seasonal menus from locally sourced produce
- Offers vegan menu options
- Composts food waste
- Reduces food waste
Community and Environment
- Purchases from locally owned businesses
- Hires locally with fair wages, benefits, and advancement
- Actively supports the needs of the local community
- Trains staff in sustainability best practices
- Trains staff in local cultural heritage
- Provides volunteer opportunities for guests and staff
- Restores and protects natural ecosystems and wildlife