The Wheatsheaf Inn
Add to favorites
Then again it’s not many pubs that offer treatments in a small spa located in the garden. Nor do most of them offer shooting or fishing outings, at least not officially sanctioned ones. And, more to the point, not many come with rooms that are quite so attractive. Each of the 14 bedrooms is different, all with Hypnos beds and Bang & Olufsen televisions, and all decorated in a subtle blend of contemporary town and traditional country. Some come with gorgeous copper tubs, though Americans should note that some lack showers — when in Rome….
Of particular note, naturally, is the food. The Wheatsheaf’s restaurant was here before the rooms, and its popularity drove the owners to expand into overnight hospitality in the first place. The atmosphere is one of casual elegance, and the crowd is stylish without intimidation — Kate Moss is something of a local talisman, and her portrait hangs in the dining room — and the food, a contemporary take on classic English country cooking, is more than capable of living up to its reputation.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Free parking
- Off street parking
- Room service
- Spa treatments (on request)
- Wood burning fireplace
- Luggage storage
- Pet Friendly
- Pets allowed (charges apply)
- Bikes available
- Shopping area nearby
- Cribs (subject to availability)
- Wheelchair accessible
Need to Know
- When booking more than 3 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
- WiFi is available in the hotel rooms and is free of charge.
- Free private parking is possible on site (reservation is not needed).
- Pets are allowed. Charges may be applicable.
- Children of any age are allowed.
- Children up to and including 2 years old stay for free when using an available cot.
- Children up to and including 2 years old stay for free when using an existing bed.
- Children from 3 years old to 17 years old stay for £25 per person per night when using an existing bed.
- You haven't added any extra beds.
- Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
- Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Credit cards accepted